After Breast Reduction

I had a reduction done over a year ago and I recently have been having sharp pains as if the breast tissue is riping. Should this be happening or is something wrong from the surgery?

Pain One Year after breast reduction surgery.

+1

What you are experiencing is not normal. I would suggest evaluation by your primary care doctor to rule out a variety of causes of pain in this area. After ruling out these causes you should be seen by your surgeon to examine the breast and obtain studies if necessary–appropriate.

Sharp pains may not be related to breast reduction

+1

It sounds like the sharp pains you are experiencing may not be related to your previous breast reduction surgery.  If a consultation with your primary care doctor is negative for heart related or lung related issues, then I would recommend topical treatment of the affected areas with a heating pad and pain medication as needed.  The pain should be self limited and will probably go away spontaneously in a short time.

James Tang, MD

Chest pain one year after breast reduction

+1

Sharp chest or breast pains one year after breast reduction are probably not related to your breast reduction surgery. See your primary care physician for a start to sort things out.

peterejohnsonmd

After Breast Reduction

+1

See your surgeon for an in person breast examination. But most likely nothing. Always better to see your surgeon. 

Painful breasts after breast reduction

+1

Hi, it's hard to tell  what's going on from the information you have provided. It would be best for you to call your surgeon so that he can examine you and give you a possible explanation. Best wishes Dr H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast reduction

+1

Some women report new pain long after breast surgery.  I hear women most commonly describe it as shooting pains or sharp pains that last for a week or two and then resolve.  Often it is nothing to be concerned about and remains unexplained (and usually resolves on its own quickly), but it is always important to have any new breast symptom evaluated by your plastic surgeon and he or she may recommend imaging studies to rule out any abnormalities. 

Michelle Spring, MD

Breast reduction question

+1

You should get a mammogram and see your plastic surgeon.  The symptoms are not normal and should be explored.  Nothing may come from it but it should be looked into.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS