Repair or Replacement of Cooper's Ligament or Breast Lift?

I am looking at getting a breast lift, but I also would like them to be firmer, which is why I would like to know if the ligament can be repaired. I also do not want any loss of feeling.

Repair of Cooper's Ligaments or Breast Lift?

+1

Unfortunately, Cooper's  ligaments cannot be repaired.  It may be helpful to you to seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to review your options after physical examination and discussion of your goals.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastRevision.htm

Breast lift

+1

No one can fix Cooper's ligaments of your breasts.  AS we age the tissue loose strength and things start to hang more.  No one can guarantee that you will have perfectly normal sensation as well.

Cooper's ligment cannot be fixed

+1

The short answer is No. Cooper's ligaments (plural) can not be repaired or thightened. You need to consult an American Board of plastic Surgery certified surgeon so he can answer your questions and give you the options available to you

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants, firmness and lifts.

+1

There is no recommended techniques for "fixing" Cooper's ligaments which are, contrary to their name, not a defined solitary ligament, but a complex network of ligaments similar to a spider web or root system that spread throughout the breast gland, Pardon the oversimplified analogy but this would be like trying to repair a sagging mattress, you can put a board under it to make it feel firmer but it really doesn't change the mattress composition. We can put an implant under the breast tissue to make it feel firmer but it doesn't change the composition of the gland.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast.html

Cooper's Ligaments for breast tightening

+1

Not even Sir Astley Cooper himself could make, or repair ,these ligaments because they are such a complex fibrodermoparenchamo (WOW) structure. A good breast lift will do the same by raising the nipple/areola complex and "taking in" the skin brasiere to firm and thrust the breast.

See my site for other thoughts on this.

Bronx Plastic Surgeon

You can't tighten Cooper's ligaments of th breast

+1

Some people are blessed with firmer breast tissue than others.  This you cannot change.  Cooper's ligaments are not structures that you can tighten like you could around a joint.  A breast lift will help but there is always some small risk of numbness.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Cooper's ligament repair or replacement, or breast lift

+1

Unlike in certain orthopedic surgical cases, (Sir Astley) Cooper's (breast) ligaments cannot be repaired or replaced once they are stretched.

The ONLY option remains a Breast Lift (with or without implants. Loss of sensitivity is associated with every operation where the skin is lifted off. In most cases such loss is temporary, but whenever a breast augmentation is done up to 15% of women may have permanent numbness of the nipple complex. If you are not willing to accept ANY numbness, however transient, you should not have either one of the operations.