Is Breast Lift Recommended for Sagging Dd Cup Breasts?

I'm 20 and have 36DD breasts that hang much lower than I'd like. I'm considering a Breast Lift, but when I look at my breasts in the mirror and consider what I know about the procedure, a lift doesn't seem to be the right procedure.

From what I can tell, removing skin from anywhere on the bottom half of my breast would just make my problem worse; the top half is what needs tightening, but this doesn't seem feasible.

What are some suitable options and how much scarring do they have? How long might they last on breasts my size?

The Ultimate Breast Lift is a new option for lifting breasts providing upper pole fullness

+2

You are absolutely right!!

The Ultimate Breast Lift was developed using engineering principles that lift the newly formed breast mound higher than other techniques achieving upper pole fullness. This technique reforms your existing breast tissue into an internal cone with 'straps' that are permanently attached to your chest muscles. The 'straps' are made from the extra skin on your lower pole. So, in contrast to standard lifting techniques (which rely solely on skin to support the breast) the UBL transfers the weight of the breast on to the pectoralis major muscles.  An added benefit to this technique is the elimination of the vertical scar. Breasts are firm, perky and have an appearance of a breast augmentation. The scars are hidden around the areola and under the shadow of the breast. It's worth looking into.

Dr. Horndeski

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

There are various types and patterns of breast lifts. Each has different advantages and disadvantages as well as scar patterns. Try not to self-diagnosis but rather go consult with a couple of board-certified plastic surgeons and express your concerns and goals.

Breast Lift For Sagging Breasts

+1

It’s not unusual for patients with breast sag to request breast lift surgery. A variety of surgical options exist for managing this condition. Your pictures suggest that you would benefit from one of these procedures. The exact procedure would depend on your aesthetic goals and physical examination. Depending upon the severity of breast sag, several treatment options exist.

In cases of mild breast sag, the excess skin and sag can be treated with a donut mastopexy. This procedure removes and tightens the excess skin around the areola. This leaves a scar at the junction between the areola and surrounding tissue.

In more severe cases of sag, a lollipop incision can be utilized to deal with excess skin. This leaves a circular incision around the areola with a vertical extension that extends to the infra-mammary fold. When extreme sag is present, excision of excess skin requires not only a vertical incision, but an incision transversely in the infra-mammary fold as well. This results in a circular incision, and a transverse incision hidden in the fold beneath the breast.

Each of these procedures can be performed in combination with breast augmentation when patients want larger breasts. This results in increased upper pole breast fullness with increased breast projection.

It’s important to remember that every woman with breast sag is unique. Their anatomic starting points and aesthetic goals are always different. Any patient considering breast lift surgery should consult a board certified plastic surgeon. After careful evaluation, an appropriate treatment plan can be formulated. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift to give upper fullness

+1
Your breasts are pretty empty on the top. A breast lift of a certain technique could move the fullness from the bottom up to the top and give you more cleavage as well. Since your breasts are not too big, you should have good longevity with this outcome.
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Technique

+1

Great question.   The scars are designed to hide and settle on the lower half of the breast, such that they hide well within the braline.    

We use a tissue rearrangement technique called auto-augmentation to move the breast tissue back to the upper pole of the breast.  It is secured to the chest muscles with suture to offer a long lasting result.

An important concept with many of the newer breast lift techniques is minimizing the horizontal scar.   This is the scar most often visible in a swimsuit or bra.   Our preferred method is a lollipop or circumvertical breast lift in our practice to help minimize any visible scarring.

With appropriate diet, weight management, skin care, and bra support; I have seen results last beyond 20 years with a breast lift.  I wish you a safe and healthy result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

+1

From your photo you have some deflation and minimal sagging, all of which would be corrected with a breast lift. If you want much more fullness in the superior pole of your breast, a small implant might be in order.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift possible

+1

I would need to examine you to give you a definite recommendation.  As you may know, there are four types of mastopexy: 1) Periareolar, 2) Circumareolar (donut), 3) Circumvertical (lollipop), 4) Wise-pattern, full lift (Anchor).  Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), you will need different types of mastopexy.  In general, as one needs more lift, the scar pattern becomes more complex.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can evaluate you and review the options for you.

Breast lift or reduction for larger breasts?

+1

Thanks for your question. You would be a great candidate for either a reduction or a lift. If you like your general size then a lift would be the procedure of choice and you would loose very little volume. If you have issues with size then a reduction may be best for you. The best way to evaluate ptosis (sag) is by physical exam but a picture can give a preliminary idea. The best picture is a side profile. In general breast lifts are done to not only raise the nipple but also to make the areolar/nipple complex smaller and raise the breast tissue to a more natural youthful position. Of course, the key to a great breast lift is patient selection and technique selection. Areolar lifts are generally good for women with good skin quality, breast tissue reasonably placed and a nipple/areola that are sagging no more than 2 cm. Once the breasts sag past that point, it is necessary to perform a lollipop lift which not only repositions the sagging breast tissues but also the nipple and areola. The final and most aggressive lift is an anchor lift which places both a vertical and horizontal incision. Again the determinant is the degree of sagging, skin quality and amount of breast tissue. Last, if there is a deficiency in breast tissue, an augmentation can be done either together with the lift or as separate procedures. Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon get get specifics on your situation.

May want to consider a breast lift

+1

There are many different types of breast lift and each one is designed to take care of increasing degrees of breast sagging or ptosis.  Unfortunately there are no short cuts with breast lift surgery.  Many times the patients would prefer a lift with less incisions but it is not always possible.  A plastic surgeon will be able to examine you and select the correct operation to meet your expectations.  In you case with the amount of breast tissue below the inframammary crease you will need at least a vertical mastopexy and possibly an anchor type.  This will give you the beast result.

Options for sagging DD breasts

+1

Thank you for the photo.  It looks like you would benefit from a lift.  Incisions are typically around the areola and then on the lower half of the breast.  There are options depending on what you desire and your particular anatomy.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  They will guide you through the process.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/mastopexy-breast-lift

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.