Is Breast Lift Recommended for Sagging Dd Cup Breasts?

I'm 20 and have 36DD breasts that hang much lower than I'd like. I'm considering a Breast Lift, but when I look at my breasts in the mirror and consider what I know about the procedure, a lift doesn't seem to be the right procedure.

From what I can tell, removing skin from anywhere on the bottom half of my breast would just make my problem worse; the top half is what needs tightening, but this doesn't seem feasible.

What are some suitable options and how much scarring do they have? How long might they last on breasts my size?

Lift Patterns Vary

+2
Based on your photographs, there are many options for breast lift.  The design of the lifts are very complicated, so moving things higher may require a scar in a position which you might not think, but ultimately will give you the best result.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see which lift is right for you.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

There are various types and patterns of breast lifts. Each has different advantages and disadvantages as well as scar patterns. Try not to self-diagnosis but rather go consult with a couple of board-certified plastic surgeons and express your concerns and goals.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Is a breast lift recommended for sagging DD cup breasts?

+1
Based on your photograph and age, you would obtain a great result with a breast lift alone. With the many techniques available today, you could obtain a nice updated breasts with upper pole fullness without adding an implant. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about your surgical option.

Donna Rich, MD

A breast lift

+1
A breast lift may help you. The surgery involves removing excess tissue then lifting the nipple to a higher position to give you a perkier contour. This would give you more fullness in the upper pole. Implants can also be used to create more fullness.

Michael Constantin Gartner, DO
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a lift?

+1
I believe you are a great candidate for a lift.  Also, it appears to me that you may be a D-cup rather than a DD, so check with bra fitting experts to confirm that you have the right size.  

David Stoker, MD

Is breast lift recommended for sagging DD cup breasts?

+1
It is normal for the breast to lose its firmness and perkiness over time, which is accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity.  This ultimately results in ptosis, or sagging, of the breast with a “deflated” appearance.  Women often seek the mastopexy, or breast lift, procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and desire that uplifted and perky appearance of her breasts.  Women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once she achieves this desired shape and fullness.  Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage.

Given your photos, this appears to be the ideal procedure for you.  Not only is the excess skin from the bottom of your breast removed, but your nipple-areolar complex is also lifted along with your breast, which is what you are desiring.  You would likely have a "lollipop" incision to obtain the best results.  

So, the changes of your breasts are normal and will continue to occur.  The decision for a breast lift will be up to you...depending on how much you are bothered about the shape as well as your concerns.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery and s/he will assist you in deciding if a mastopexy will be the right decision for you.  Thank you for your question!  Hope that this helps.  Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast Lift For Sagging Breasts

+1

It’s not unusual for patients with breast sag to request breast lift surgery. A variety of surgical options exist for managing this condition. Your pictures suggest that you would benefit from one of these procedures. The exact procedure would depend on your aesthetic goals and physical examination. Depending upon the severity of breast sag, several treatment options exist.

In cases of mild breast sag, the excess skin and sag can be treated with a donut mastopexy. This procedure removes and tightens the excess skin around the areola. This leaves a scar at the junction between the areola and surrounding tissue.

In more severe cases of sag, a lollipop incision can be utilized to deal with excess skin. This leaves a circular incision around the areola with a vertical extension that extends to the infra-mammary fold. When extreme sag is present, excision of excess skin requires not only a vertical incision, but an incision transversely in the infra-mammary fold as well. This results in a circular incision, and a transverse incision hidden in the fold beneath the breast.

Each of these procedures can be performed in combination with breast augmentation when patients want larger breasts. This results in increased upper pole breast fullness with increased breast projection.

It’s important to remember that every woman with breast sag is unique. Their anatomic starting points and aesthetic goals are always different. Any patient considering breast lift surgery should consult a board certified plastic surgeon. After careful evaluation, an appropriate treatment plan can be formulated. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift to give upper fullness

+1
Your breasts are pretty empty on the top. A breast lift of a certain technique could move the fullness from the bottom up to the top and give you more cleavage as well. Since your breasts are not too big, you should have good longevity with this outcome.

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Technique

+1

Great question.   The scars are designed to hide and settle on the lower half of the breast, such that they hide well within the braline.    

We use a tissue rearrangement technique called auto-augmentation to move the breast tissue back to the upper pole of the breast.  It is secured to the chest muscles with suture to offer a long lasting result.

An important concept with many of the newer breast lift techniques is minimizing the horizontal scar.   This is the scar most often visible in a swimsuit or bra.   Our preferred method is a lollipop or circumvertical breast lift in our practice to help minimize any visible scarring.

With appropriate diet, weight management, skin care, and bra support; I have seen results last beyond 20 years with a breast lift.  I wish you a safe and healthy result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

+1

From your photo you have some deflation and minimal sagging, all of which would be corrected with a breast lift. If you want much more fullness in the superior pole of your breast, a small implant might be in order.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon