Breast Lift Type for Little Upper Breast Volume?

I've recently come across information on 2 breast lift techniques: the pectoral muscle loop lift and the mesh bra lift. It's stated that these techniques aren't for everyone and usually are best for those with smaller breasts.

I wear a 34B but I don't fill it out all the way. Also most of my breast tissue is towards the bottom of my breasts leaving me with little breast tissue on top. Would this be a problem for either technique?

Breast Lift Technique to create Upper Pole Fullness

+2

There are many breast lift techniques. The one I usually prefer is essentially a modified Hall Findlay technique. For women who have most of their breast tissue sagging at the bottom of their breast, this technique is very powerful to "rearrange" this tissue to maximize cleavage and improve upper pole fullness. In the proper candidates, the results can look like a breast augmentation result. However, one of the limitations is that we can only make you as full as the amount of breast tissue you have. If you want to go bigger/fuller, then an implant will be needed. To learn more about my technique, please watch this abc news video clip: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com/houston-plastic-surgery-media-tv/

I've got a better idea

+2

Star,

If you are not filling a B cup bra, then you are a B cup. Also, you can expect to lose some breast size/volume with any lift procedure that is used due to tightening of the skin. So, I would suggest a combination augmentation mastopexy with use of a small implant. This would provide you with good upper pole fill. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Breast lift technique for long-term upper pole fullness

+2

From your description of your breasts, you would probably get a very nice result from a mastopexy with a lollipop incision. This could be a Hall-Findlay technique, pectoral loop or mesh support technique. All of these technique attempt to do the same thing; preferentially place breast tissue in the upper pole of the breast and then avoid the effects of gravity. To some extent, they all add some volume to the upper pole of the breast, but none of them can come close to providing the long-term upper pole fullness that breast implants can give.

Ultimately, if you're comfortable with the idea of having implants, long-term upper pole fullness will be best achieved with them. If you don't want implants, a mastopexy alone will likely give you a very nice result, with a better overall shape to your breast, but without the same amount of upper pole fullness.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

What type of breast lift to produce upper pole fullness

+2

HiStar24. All the techniques you mentioned are aimed to try and maintain upper pole fullness after the list. The "bug-a-boo" with breast ifts is that it can be difficult to maintain long-term upper pole fullness. There are a variety of techniques which attempt to minimize this. For patients who have most of their breast volume in the bottom of half of the breast, it is imperative that the plastic surgeon perform some technique to lift this tissue and not rely on skin excision alone to accomplish the lift. I prefer a superior pedicle technique with suturing of the breast tisse to the pectoralis major muscle fascia as well as using sutures to shape the breast mound. Each plastic surgeon has their own preferred technique; just make sure they are not perfoming a skin-only procedure. You are probably a candidate for many different techniques. Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Upper breast fullness is unlikely to stay after breast lift alone

+2

Breast lift, or mastopexy, usually must balance two issues, the position of the nipple relative to the fold under the breast, and the amount of skin laxity or looseness and bottoming out of the breast. Of the two, nipple position probably comes first as the primary indication for the lift. Restoring a firm, pert, and round breast with mastopexy alone can be quite difficult. Many techniques have been tried including the two you mention, though most often the breast will soften and the upper scoop and droop will recur. The most reliable method to maintain the upper fill and firmness is with a small implant, or a larger one if you wish, and shape the skin and nipple over the augmented breast with a mastopexy pattern that will limit the scar, yet provide the proper tailoring of the skin to resist recurrent ptosis or drooping on the breast and nipple over time. I have found over years that when patients ask for breast lift, they are often looking at upper fill, just what an implant will provide reliably. Look at pictures of breast lift, with and without implants, to help you decide what suits your goals.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast lift techniques

+2

There are many different techniques for breat lifting and there it is still an active area of refinement of old techniques and development of new techniques. The most important aspect of any technique is how successful it is in the surgeons hands. There is no agreement among plastic surgeons as to which technique is the best in any particular patient. The key is to find an experienced plastic surgeon who has reliable techniques for breast lifts and can show you pictures and have you speak tyo similar patients. That tact should give you the greatest confidence in the technique, the surgeon and the results.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Techniques for breast lift

+2

It's good that you have been reading more about possible breast lift procedures, but you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon as "a little bit of knowledge can be a problem". There are many variables to be considered.

From what you described, there may be an argument for a small breast implant instead of a lift, which would limit any scars and help get more fullness. You need an exam in person to better determine this.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Breast Lifting Techniques?

+1

Achieving long-term superior pole volume/fullness is difficult with any of the available breast lifting operations especially if the patient has a paucity of breast tissue to begin with. Usually, for a long-term results sub pectoral (dual plane) breast implants are indicated.

In-person examination will be necessary to provide you with  precise advice.

Breast lift surgery

+1

Breast lift surgery can be accomplished tusing several different techniques. I would not incorporate a pectoralis sling to improve the bresat shape. I would use suture to tighten the parenchyma( breast tissue) and then redrape the skin over it using a Vertical lift in most cases.

I recommend the "Lejour" vertical breast lift.

+1

Hi!

I would avoid both of the techniques you mention. We do breast lifts with the Lejour technique, which is designed exactly to improve your problem.

This technique re-arranges the breast tissue internally to move the volume from the bottom to the top of your breasts. Most patients have good long term shape, and you are left with a loliipop scar.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)