Biggest Size for First Breast Augmentation?

How much bigger can you go on your first breast augmentation? I am a big girl, with saggy breasts from a pregnancy.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Implant Size for First Augmentation

+1

I am the proportion guy-I like implants to make the breasts proportionate to the rest of the body. So of course I'm not going for the biggest implants possible. However, for sake of argument let's consider how large an implant can be placed.

The primary measurement that we use is the breast base width. This is the actual diameter of the breast and will range from around 11cm to as much as 17-18cm and occasionally more. Therefore, an implant should be chosen that doesn't exceed this width as it will end up outside of the actual breast tissue-usually significantly in the armpit.

An implant that is one centimeter wider than the base width is possible but again the implant will have a significant volume laterally.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Biggest implant for first breast aug?

+1

unable to answer this question without many more specifics and a proper exam. Pl see a plastic surgeon in your area. Many will offer complimentary or low cost consultations.

Biggest Breast implant Size?

+1

Thank you  for the question.

Unfortunately, it is possible to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures.

Your description of “saggy breasts” suggests that breast lifting may also be necessary. In regards to breast size goals  clear communication with your surgeon will be critical.

I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Consultation for BBA

+1

Schedule a consultation with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon in your geographical area. If you need referrals, contact your OBGYN. Upon examination and consultation, your well trained surgeon will discuss your treatment options and determine the best treatment plan for you.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size for natural looking results

+1

Excessively large breast implants never look or feel natural, so the first important factor to consider is implant size. Not only do large implants look odd, they also stretch out breast skin and tend to become very droopy over time. Most patients with excessively large implants end up having multiple operations over time to address problems with implant position ('bottoming out', for example, where implants drop below the desired level of the inframammary fold), implant visibility, and overstretched skin

Web reference: http://www.naturalbreastnc.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a breast implant size

+1

Hi Anna1778 - The size of implants that is your maximum really depends on the dimensions of your breasts now. If you go any wider than your current breasts, you may be able to feel the implants pushing up against your arms on the sides. If you have sagging breasts, you may need a lift as well and this can be done at the same time as an augmentation. For the size of implants, take several samples and place them in your bra to determine a rough size that you like. You can also bring in photos of breasts that you like to give your plastic surgeon a good idea of your aesthetic goals. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.DrSchreiberPlasticSurgery.com

Sagging breasts will probably need implants and lift

+1

It is impossible to suggest the right implant for you without examining you. If your breasts are really sagging, then I would suggest that you probably will need a breast lift as well.

Breast implants alone will not correct sagging.

+1

Hi!

1) If your breasts are really sagging, you need a breast lift together with breast augmentation. Putting in very big implants in an attempt to correct sagging is a very big mistake. I urge you not to do it.

2) I wrote an article for RealSelf on breast implant selection ( you can read it on my profile) that may be helpful.

Breast implant size isn't as important as your goal

+1

It is not so important how big you can go as how big do you want to be. The biggest saline implant by Natrelle is 800 cc and can be overfilled to maybe 1000 cc but what would that give you? A ginormous breast that will sag even more in a short time. So you really need to decide what size you would like to be first. Also not all sagging can be corrected with an implant alone. If the location of the nipple sits below the fold of the breast then you likely will need some type of lifting procedure as well. All of these issues can best be answered by a board-certified plastic surgeon during a face-to-face consultation.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How big can you go with breast augmentation?

+1

I'm afraid that you have not given us any information to give you a meaningful answer. If you have sagging breasts, you are a candidate for a breast lift. How large of an augmentation depends on how big you are, how big your breasts are, what your measurements are, what your individual desires are, and lastly, what is a realistic procedure for you. Find a qualified plastic surgeon in your neighborhood and get a consultation. Good luck.