375cc or 400cc Implants for Breast Augmentation?

I am undergoing a Breast Augmentation in two weeks and was wondering which implant is more likely to bring me to a full C. At my consultation I tried on a 400cc Breast Implant but felt I looked "top heavy," and felt that 350cc were too small for me. I liked the projection of 400cc so I was wondering if I should get a 375cc implant in moderate plus or moderate. Which would look more natural? My stats are 5'6" and 135lbs. I'm starting off with a 34A or small B. Thanks!

Breast Implant Sizing

+5

You are in the vicinity and 25 cc here or there is not going to make a noticeable difference. The look is very different when you are trying sizers in a bra as to when the implants are placed. What you need to look for when trying sizers is the volume not so much the look because that is not very accurate.

Moderate implants will give you a more natural look and more cleavage, where as the moderate plus or high profile look more round and more projecting as well as looking a bit more on the fake side.

Hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastaugmentation-breastimplants-newport-beach.php

375 cc versus 400 cc? Crazy to Quibble Because the Difference is Just 6%

+4

I think that you have done your homework! You have spent a lot of time providing a narrow range of choices for your plastic surgeon. Now, step back and trust him. The difference between 375 and 400 cc is just 6%. Consider that you may have another 200 cc of natural tissue, so you are really debating between 575 and 600 cc, which is just a 4% difference.

At this point, I would recommend finding some photos of "ideal" breasts and handing them to your surgeon. Your doctor can use those as a reference during the surgery, and let him make the final choice.

Also, I generally err on the side of bigger. About 1 out of 10 patients returns to my office 1 year after surgery, and says, "Yes, you spent a lot of time with me. We invested a ton of effort into choosing the right size. And, I'm thrilled....But I wouldn't mind being a 1/2 cup-size bigger."

(I never hear the reverse: "I wish I were smaller." Doesn't happen!)

So, all else being equal, choose 400 cc.

Ventura Plastic Surgeon

Fine-tuning breast implant size

+3

There is of course no perfect way to predict the size you will be happy with in the long run. When using samples in a bra, they tend to look larger and more projected than when they are implanted, so we usually "round up." Most important is the dimensuion of the implant in terms of diameter. The 25 cc difference is less than 2 tablespoons.

Correct Breast Implant choice depends on base of breasts

+3

The difference between the 2 implant sizes that you indicated is mainly one of width. There is minimal difference in projection. The choice of the correct implant largely depends on the width of the base of your breast, thus the 400cc implant will give you better cleavage, but may also project from the outer chest area more. The 400cc implant will also give more upper pole fullness. The moderate-plus implants usually would also give more upper pole fullness, and often will improve mild droopiness of the nipple.

Finally, once the implants are inserted, they will look slightly smaller because of compression than they look if they were inserted into your bra.

Remember, the biggest regret that patients have after their surgery is that they didn't go big enough.

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right breast implant

+3

Hi Mrs. Vo - From your photo and information, you may want to try a 350-375cc high profile implant. This will attain the projection you like without being as big as a 400cc size. The high profile imlants are great for projection, so talk with your plastic surgeon to see if this would be right for you. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.DrSchreiberPlasticSurgery.com

Differences in 350 cc, 375 cc, and 400 cc breast implants are slight

+3

When considering the 350, 375 and 400 cc implants realize that the differences are very slight and you probably would not be able to tell the difference once they are in place. The differences that you see when they are tried on tend to go away when they are put in.

The Moderate plus profile would seem a reasonable way to go and given your size 375 cc would be fine.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

25 cc difference in breast implant size is less than 1 ounce

+3

The difference between 375 cc and 400 cc is so small as to be hardly noticable after surgery. Remeber as well that when you try on the implants inside a bra they appear slightly larger than the same size implant after surgery. At the consultation, if the 400 cc at your consultation looked a little bit too big that is probably the right choice for the implant. Remeber also that nationwide about 80% of patients say they wish they had gone just a little bit bigger. The moderate profile will also be a more natural shape. So I would recommend going with the moderate shape in the slightly larger 400 cc size.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Sterile disposable sizers during surgery are the best way to pick breast implants.

+3

Hi!

1)  This is such a common question that I wrote an article for RealSelf about it.  You can see it under my profile.

2)  Also you may find the link below about breast augmentation helpful.

Don't look at volume for breast implant size

+3

Please read my other posts regarding breast implant size. In short, it is not the volume that you should be looking at. You need to look at the width or dimension of your breast and your desired goal. The volume is a by-product of this analysis and can be used as a double-check against what seems reasonable to your surgeon but there are different implants with the same volume that give different results. For example, you state that you like the projection of the 400cc implant but the 375 cc was too small. Perhaps you need to look at the 400cc or large volume but with a narrower base. Your surgeon should be the one to help guide you.

Breast implant size

+3

I use moderate plus implant for the vast majority of my breast augmentations. I find that this is good projection towards the apex of the breast and yet does not create excessive upper pole fullness. With respect to your question, I find that difference is a 25 cc are hardly noticeable once placed behind the breast tissue. I think he you will find that many surgeons have many opinions about which types of implants to use and in fact I think, it's really a matter of personal preference.

I would not perseverate over a difference of 25 cc, though with your description I think I think that a 375 cc moderate plus type of implant would give you good shape you're looking for. Make sure you have the appropriate size and shape sizers and where some of your normal clothing over these sizers once placed in the appropriate brassiere. Remember that the final outcome will likely be a little smaller than it appears when implants are placed over the chest wall and in a brassiere.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon