Waiting Period Between Breast Augmentation with Lift and Rhinoplasty?

I am planning on having a breast augmentation with lift, and Rhinoplasty in a few months. They won't be performed at the same time as I have chosen two different surgeons. What I am looking to know is how long I would need to wait between the surgeries. If the waiting time is significant, I will have to pick which one I prefer to have done first, so I am just looking for a general time frame. The rhinoplasty is going to be performed under twilight anesthesia instead of general, and I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. Thanks!

Timing and sequence of breast implant augmentation surgery and nose job *rhinoplasty"

+1

IF they could be performed simultaneously that would be great. I would probably advise the breast surgery first because if the nose were performed first and then general anesthesis were used soon afterward, the anesthesiologist might apply pressure to your newly reshapened nose. Therefore, my advice would be breasts followed by a wait of a minimum of 3-4 weeks and then the rhinoplasty.

Breast and nasal surgery

+1

The ideal thing to do would be to have the two surgeons coordinate their schedule if possible to work together and perform your surgery in the same setting.

Do breast lift with breast implants and a month later do rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

I would wait a month after your breast lift with breast implants and then do the rhinoplasty.  It makes sense to be sure your breasts are completely healed.  Anesthesia does not make any difference.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Surgeries can be done within a week of each other

+1

The breast surgery and the rhinoplasty surgery could be performed within a week of each other or longer. There is no contraindication other than just recovering from two anesthetics. There is no reason to wait an extended period of time between these two operations since they are distinctly located on different parts of the body.

Multiple Procedures

+1

Many patients have these two procedures performed during the same surgery. I suggest you ask these surgeons if they will work together so you have only one anesthesia , surgery, and recovery. If not. have the breast work done first; then there is no risk of injury to the nose secondary to the administration of anesthesia for the breast work.

Depends

+1

Hi,

I recommend my patients who are considering two different procedures to get the Rhinoplasty last because you do not want any type of anesthesia mask pressed on a relatively freshly operated nose. If you get the body surgery first and everything goes well, there is no reason you would have to wait any longer than a month for the rhinoplasty if you did not have any anesthesia issues the first time. Sick patients hospitalized in the ICU some times have back to back surgeries just days apart but since cosmetic surgery is elective, waiting at least a month is best.

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Waiting time between breast surgery and rhinoplasty

+1

Assuming you're healthy, the recovery from surgery should be relatively quick. With any procedure, though, unexpected events can happen in the postoperative period and you want to ensure you've given yourself adequate time to recover. The metabolic demands of your body increase tremendously after surgery and you do not want to compromise your ability to heal from the second procedure by rushing into surgery. At the minimum, I'd recommend waiting at least 6 weeks between procedures.

If you decide to have rhinoplasty first, be sure to ask your surgeon when he or she would feel comfortable with you undergoing general anesthesia induction. At the beginning of general anesthesia, an oxygen mask is usually placed over your face and nose, and sometimes, significant pressure can be placed on the nose. Your nose should be healed completely prior to potentially traumatizing it in such a manner. If you were my patient, I'd ask you to wait at least 3 months prior to undergoing elective general anesthesia for that reason alone.

Sam Jejurikar, MD