Is Going from a B Cup to DD Cup too Large for Implants?

I am 18 and not confident with my breasts after breastfeeding for 3 months. I am on my path to becoming a fitness model. I have already gotten photo shoot offers, but I turned them down because of my breasts. I am 5'2, and 105 pounds. Before I was a C, now a small B. I want to be a 32DD. I am planning on having more kids with my husband in the future, but will not breastfeed due to complications the 1st time. Is 32DD to large, and will my Dr. look at me like I'm crazy when I tell him my goal.

Is going from a 'B' cup to 'DD' cup too large for implants?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to say what implant volume and shape would be best for you.  You should go for an evaluation with a plastic surgeon.

Breast Augmentation and Communication?

+1

In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.     I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup” or "fake looking" etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

By the way, the most common regret after this operation is “I wish I was bigger”.

Size of implant

+1

if you want to be a fitness model , this is a very large breast size. you must also consider the impact on your breast tissue over time.. stretch marks,  sagging,  visibility of the implant.

i would think about this.