Can my Boyfriend Apply for Cosmetic Surgery Financing but Use It for Me if Approved?

I really want to get a breast augmentation along with fat injection's put in my face but I have bad credit and I'm not working...I'm a stay at home mom. My soon to be husband has agreed to let me have the surgery and pay for it. Is it possible for him to apply for the loan and let me use it or not because it's not in my name? Can doctors accept payments every month without going through any banks? That would be a better option for us if we can't do the financing thing.

Financing options are available, but make sure you're financing the right surgery!

+2

Breast augmentation in a young woman who has had children is a very common and appropriate procedure, but I question the second part of your anticipated cosmetic surgeries--facial fat grafting. You look young and attractive in your photo, and except possibly for the nasolabial folds, I see nothing that would be benefited by fat grafting (except perhaps the surgeon's wallet!). Are you sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? There are lots of "bogus" boards out there that certify just about any physician who wants to claim Board Certification, but without the complete plastic surgical training, rigorous written and oral testing, and ethical requirements of the ABPS.

Other than those concerns, there are indeed financing options that reputable plastic surgeons' offices have available, including CareCredit and Med Loan Finance, among others. Best wishes on your new look and upcoming wedding!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Bad credit and plastic surgery

+2

Miss Sylable,

The answer to this question can vary depending on the surgical office that you choose.  First of all I suggest that you make sure your surgeon is either board certified or eligible to be certified by the Ameracn board of plastic surgeons and that he/she is proficient with the procedures that you desire to have performed.  Also you must be comfortable with the surgeon and the patient/doctor relationship present between the both of you.

As to financing, yes it is possible for your fiancee to apply for credit and have him pay for your procedures.  There are many credit options available at this time for plastic surgery offices.  The one I am most familiar with is CareCredit Healthcare Finance.  Depending on the bank financing the credit some cards offer 0% financing for a year and others do not.  I personally do not offer financing through my office but you may find some surgeons that do. 

The option that is best for you is one that only you and your companion can make.

Good Luck

Ernesto Hayn, MD

Breast implant financing

+2

In the end it is up to the individual surgeon. You can check with the financing company, but I believe most will allow for a loan even if the person applying is not actually having surgery. I would believe they are really concerned with the loan being paid off rather than the exact use. We frequently have the significant other of a patient paying for the procedure. Every doctor is different in what type of payment plan they offer.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

You will have to discuss this with the bank and be transparent with your distribution of funds.  If it is just a personal loan, the likely will have little concern of how you spend it.  Each practice has their own policy of how they finance surgery.  Usually payment prior to surgery is the most common.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes a "third party" applicant can apply for credit. I recommend Care Credit or CosmetiCredit for attempting to get financing.