Botox - Ten Days Later and I Feel As Though I Have Been Kicked in my Right Eye. Should I Be Worried?

I had Botox ten days ago for crows feet and forehead lines. Now when I screw up my eyes or blink hard the right eye feels bruised but I can't see a bruise of feel any pain if I touch the skin...it is a deeper pain like lower eye ache. I have not experienced anything like this before when having Botox injections and am wondering if it is related and if there is anything I should do about it?

Go back to the doctor if BOTOX is giving you pain

+1

As far as the BOTOX injections go, I would go back to the doctor to have him take a look. The feeling that you have could be related to the weakness in the muscle which will get better. But you can go back to the doctor to see if there’s any need for further correction or treatment.

Web reference: http://www.chelseaeye.com/btx.htm

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Evaluation after Botox Injection

+1

The pain you are describing 10 days after you Botox injection definitely warrant evaluation.  This is definitely not something to be expected and may be a sign of something more serious(ie. Herpes Zoster, Sinus infection, Neurological).  Please may an appointment ASAP to be evaluated.

Annapolis Dermatologist

Delayed pain around eye after Botox

+1

The symptoms may not be related to the botox injections, but see an ophthalmologist to ensure that you are not getting "Shingles".  Let them make sure you don't have double vision and that the extraocular eyemuscles are working perfectly.

Pain in right eye

+1

It is unusual for you to have actual pain in  the eye after Botox especially after ten days. Sometimes It can be from bruising, but you should speak with your doctor and get evaluated.

Unusual feeling after Botox

+1
As long as you are not having any problems opening and closing your eye or with your vision, and you are seeing the usual improvement in the lines around your eyes, don't worry. Your symptoms will go away and you can discuss it with your doctor the next time you go in for an injection.

Web reference: http://www.drlevens.com

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

+1

Seek immediate eye examination ASAP!!!! Something is wrong. I think it is not the BOTOX but why wait. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski

Go see a dermatologist or opthalmologist

+1

I doubt that this is from the Botox 10 days ago. I would be most suspicious of a possible impending Herpes Zoster  (shingles) outbreak. Shingles begin with pain several days before the blisters come out. And it is always unilateral (on one side). Get it checked out.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Botox makes pain better not worse

+1

Botox has been shown to make headaches better not worse after use in the forehead.  I would not expect pain after botox treatment.  You definitely want to see you doctor after treatment, both to make sure there is nothing unusual going on (often unrelated to the treatment) and to make sure you have an appropriate result and response.

Pain and pressure 10 days after Botox injection

+1

Pain and pressure 10 days after Botox injections is not normal or expected.

Deep bruising is possible after Botox injections. Whether it's this reason or what I wrote below, you need to see your doctor and be evaluated for the pain as soon as possible.

However, it is also possible that you were using your forehead muscles to keep your brows raised.  We do that without being aware, so I always examine my patients for this before injecting Botox.

If you use your forehead muscles to keep your brows raised, when those muscles are relaxed, the brow tends to descend without your ability to lift it.  It feels like pressure on your eyes.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

It is certainly possible to have a deep bruise from the treatment.

+1

This time frame is pretty long after the treatment.  I would strongly recommend that you see your treating physician for this so they can examine you.  It might turn out to be nothing but one does not want to miss something.  Mostly likely this will prove to be local trauma from the treatment and you are just a little sensitive to this.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com