Can I Have Botox Treatment a Week After Non Facial Surgery and a General Anaesthetic?

I have heard that you should wait 6 weeks after a GA to have Botox treatment and I am not sure if this is true and if so why?

Botox 1 week post non facial surgery. OK?

+1

To answer your question, yes.  It should be OK to inject Botox into the non operated areas of your face a week after surgery. Please see an experienced and well trained injector.

Botox safe

+1

I concur with my colleagues here.  FDA approved Allergan Botox cosmetic is safe to administer after general anesthesia.  Best of luck!

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Botox after anesthesia

+1

Botox injections after anesthesia is perfectly fine, in facgt sometimes I inject patietns under anesthesia when say I am doing a tummy tuck or other procedure and they wanted the Botox as well.

Is BOTOX safe after general anesthesia?

+1

Yes, botulinum toxin injections are safe immediately after anesthesia. I do not like to use it in the operating room, as it does not seem to me to last as long. I feel it is due to the fact that the patient isn't moving the muscles, which we know to be a factor in picking up the BOTOX.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using Botox during or after surgery is safe

+1

Botox is safe to use before, during or after surgery. The most important factor to consider is that the injector you choose is qualified expert who understands, in depth, the anatomy of the face.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox after surgery

+1

Do not exist contraindications for the use of  botox six  weeks after a surgery with general anesthesia

Enrique Pedro Gagliardi, MD, PhD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX after Surgery is OK

+1

There's no medical reason why you would have to wait to receive BOTOX treatment after general anasthsia. Be sure to always have a skilled medical provider review your history fully before any injection of course.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox after general anesthesia is safe.

+1

I have used Botox during anesthesia (after carefully marking the active muscles pre-operatively), and see no medical reason you cannot have Botox during or after anesthesia, so long as the effects of anesthesia have completely worn off!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Botox after surgery

+1

You should not have a problem with getting neurotoxin injection at any time after general anesthesia, as the effects of the anesthesia should be worn off by then. There is theoretical concern as the muscle may not be maximally active or the nerve firing may be compromised after general anesthesia- and this may change the effects of the neurotoxin. This is usually not  thought of to be a problem though. 

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Botox safe to use

+1
You are safe to get a Botox treatment at any time.I know of no issues between Botox and general anesthesia.  In fact, I have given patient's Botox treatments while they were under general anesthesia for facial cosmetic surgery.
Andrew C. Campbell, M.D.
Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon