How Often Will I Need to Get Botox in Order to Hide my Crow's Feet?

Depends on how deep the wrinkles are

+2

First of all, Botox will only target wrinkles that are caused by dynamic muscle movement.  If you have wrinkles at rest, using botox every 3-4 months will help prevent them from getting worse - so treatment 3-4X per year is necessary just to prevent worsening.  If lines are there at rest, you will also need injections to increae the volume - fillers of many types can be used to do this.  The Crow's feet is an area that is constantly moving due to our blinking, so botox tends to go away quickest here compared to other areas.  Be sure to wear sunglasses and have your vision optimized with contacts or glasses to help prevent unnecessary squinting.  Good luck!

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Quarterly Botox Does the Trick

+2

As most of my colleagues have mentioned, Botox (and its competitor, Dysport) generally lasts for anywhere from 3 to 6 months, depending on doseage and the individual patient.  A majority of patients come back at around the four month mark. Some practices also offer pre-booking discounts in order to encourage prompt return.  If your doctor offers this, take advantage -- it will help you to maintain your great results!  Additionally, regular useage can result in less frequent visits and potentially cost you less money over time.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Duration of Botox for Crow's Feet Lines

+2

Individual response will vary when treating the lines around the eyes with Botox or Dysport.  However, the average patient should expect a minimum of three months duration.  If one is not achieving the minimum, they should discuss this with their practitioner inasmuch as technique and proper dosing is important when tailoring a treatment plan.

The benefits of consistent Botox & Dysport treatments are that one should be able to sustain results and require less treatments or less dosing as time goes on.

In addition to addressing "crow's feet", make certain to discuss the option of a "lateral brow lift" which adds increased benefits for eye rejuvenation.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botoxTreatment.aspx

Botox and crow's feet

+2

Botox usually lasts about four months but I find that it starts wearing off within about 3 months.  I prefer patients to come back by about 3 months before the muscle has a chance to get back to normal,  This will limit the ability of the crow's feet lines to be recreated.

How often do you need Botox?

+2

Botox , and it's competitor Dysport, are neurotoxins that paralyze the muscles it is injected into.  The result is reduction in lines and wrinkles.  It can reduce the "11's" between your eyebrows, the horizontal forehead lines, or the crow's feet around your eyes.  The results last about 4 months. Keep in mind, it does not wear-off all at once, so you may see it begin to wear-off around 3 months but may not be completely gone until 5 months. Each person is a little different and the duration of effect may be dose dependent or dependent on the skill of the injector. 

Botox and Crow's Feet

+2

Botox typically lasts from 3-6 months.  The crow's feet area is more variable because when you smile, the skin from your cheeks has to have some where to go, and it will still go upward. So your crow's feet will look better at rest, but when you smile, they will not be gone completely!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Crows feet

+2

Allergan has stated that Botox Cosmetic lasts 2-6 months.  I think my average is 4 months. But. reup when you feel the need. Best advice is to keep the area paralyzed

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Botox Duration for Crow's Feet

+2

The average duration of Botox efficacy in the upper face and crows feet region is roughly 3 months.  This is a statistic officially stated by Allergan, born out with over 10 years experience of injecting Botox.  Some patients have a perception that Botox lasts longer.  Regular, repetitive use of Botox can cause mild disuse atrophy in the muscles that cause crows feet, making the effective duration longer.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox will last about 3 months

+2

Botox effect last about 3 months.  However, with repeated Botox injections every three months, the muscles can weaken to the point that the when the Botox wears off it will take time for them to work as well as they did before one ever had Botox, thus one could stretch out their treatments to every 4 to 4.5 months.  However, the actual Botox only lasts for 3 months.

Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Frequency of Botox treatments

+1

My patients on average, return between four and five months for repeat Botox treatments in the Crow's feet but when I see some of them for other procedures we note that the muscle has started to contract again between three and four months.  Often the patient has retrained themselves and they dont' squint as much after the Botox so when it wears off the lines don't come right back.  Also, many patients have tried to extend the time between treatments for financial concerns.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html