How Often Will I Need to Get Botox in Order to Hide my Crow's Feet?

Duration of Botox for Crow's Feet Lines

Individual response will vary when treating the lines around the eyes with Botox or Dysport.  However, the average patient should expect a minimum of three months duration.  If one is not achieving the minimum, they should discuss this with their practitioner inasmuch as technique and proper dosing is important when tailoring a treatment plan.

The benefits of consistent Botox & Dysport treatments are that one should be able to sustain results and require less treatments or less dosing as time goes on.

In addition to addressing "crow's feet", make certain to discuss the option of a "lateral brow lift" which adds increased benefits for eye rejuvenation.

23211 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505

Botox and Crow's Feet

Botox typically lasts from 3-6 months.  The crow's feet area is more variable because when you smile, the skin from your cheeks has to have some where to go, and it will still go upward. So your crow's feet will look better at rest, but when you smile, they will not be gone completely!

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

414 N. Camden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Crows feet

Allergan has stated that Botox Cosmetic lasts 2-6 months.  I think my average is 4 months. But. reup when you feel the need. Best advice is to keep the area paralyzed

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

3711 Lomita Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505

Frequency of Botox treatments

My patients on average, return between four and five months for repeat Botox treatments in the Crow's feet but when I see some of them for other procedures we note that the muscle has started to contract again between three and four months.  Often the patient has retrained themselves and they dont' squint as much after the Botox so when it wears off the lines don't come right back.  Also, many patients have tried to extend the time between treatments for financial concerns.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Botox is usually repeated between 3 and 6 months

There are many factors that will contribute to how often you need to repeat your Botox treatment for crows feet.  Factors that affect the longevity are the number of units used, your own body metabolic rate, muscle strength, and even how long you have been treating the muscles that cause the crows feet.  Botox on average will last from 3-6 months.   As you repeat the injections you may find that you can go for a longer period between treatments.  We keep a detailed facial map in our patients chart tracking each treatment or "recipe"  for the location and number of units used.  This enables us in evaluating results and planning future treatments.

Dan Mills, MD

31852 Pacific Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651

Depends on how deep the wrinkles are

First of all, Botox will only target wrinkles that are caused by dynamic muscle movement.  If you have wrinkles at rest, using botox every 3-4 months will help prevent them from getting worse - so treatment 3-4X per year is necessary just to prevent worsening.  If lines are there at rest, you will also need injections to increae the volume - fillers of many types can be used to do this.  The Crow's feet is an area that is constantly moving due to our blinking, so botox tends to go away quickest here compared to other areas.  Be sure to wear sunglasses and have your vision optimized with contacts or glasses to help prevent unnecessary squinting.  Good luck!

Laura E. Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

6100 Glades Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33434

Quarterly Botox Does the Trick

As most of my colleagues have mentioned, Botox (and its competitor, Dysport) generally lasts for anywhere from 3 to 6 months, depending on doseage and the individual patient.  A majority of patients come back at around the four month mark. Some practices also offer pre-booking discounts in order to encourage prompt return.  If your doctor offers this, take advantage -- it will help you to maintain your great results!  Additionally, regular useage can result in less frequent visits and potentially cost you less money over time.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

2021 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Botox Treatment Timeline

On average, my patients see results for about 3 months after a botox treatment.   However, as with any procedure, some patients will get results that are longer or shorter in duration.   My best recommendation is to find a treating physician whom you trust and have them develop a treatment plan that works for you.     I try to individualize both treatment  dosage and frequency to optimize my patients results and maximize thelongevity of the result.  

Paul S. Gill, MD

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380

How long will Botox last

Just as with other muscles Botox in the crows feet area may last from 3-6 months. Everyone breaks it down just a little differently. It's always preferable to repeat the treatment before all effect is gone. It lasts longer that way.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

1515 North Flagler Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Botox and crow's feet

Botox usually lasts about four months but I find that it starts wearing off within about 3 months.  I prefer patients to come back by about 3 months before the muscle has a chance to get back to normal,  This will limit the ability of the crow's feet lines to be recreated.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028