How Long After Botox Can Full Effects Be Seen?

I was told that after receiving Botox, you have to wait at least 2 to 3 days just to start seeing any effects. Is this true?

How long does it take for Botox to work?

+2

It generally takes 3 to 5 days for Botox to work. Some individuals can take up to 14 days.  For most patients botox should be about 80% effective at 120 days.  Most patients report that it lasts up to 4 to 5 months.  There are many variables involved including the number of units injected, The location for the injections and  The technical skill of the injector.  If you are not getting these types of results you may want to go to another provider.  Some people just metabolize the product faster than others.

Botox Treatment: What to Expect

+2

Botox starts to work very quickly but the cosmetic effect takes time.  The full effect comes on gradually over two weeks and it dissipates slowly as well.  This question comes up a great deal when timing Botox for special events.  I always recommend that Botox be injected 1 month prior to the event if possible.  This gives you 2 weeks to get the full effect of the treatment.  If any touch up is necessary, you then have another 2 weeks so it is perfect.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Optimal Results for Botox

+2

In our experience, most people begin to experience noticeable relaxation of treated areas with 48 hours. However, the full effects are generally realized at the 2 week mark. At this point, the key muscles have responded as well as a nice softening of the fine lines/wrinkles in the skin. Whatever wrinkles/deep lines remain after 2 weeks may be addressed with cosmetic dermal fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Effects Vary

+2

It depends on the patient. The average time it takes to see the effects of Botox is 3-5 days, but sometimes it can take up to 14.

Arnold W. Klein, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

You will start to see the effect of BOTOX in 1 to 2 days, with a full effect in around a week.

+2

The day after having your frown lines injected, it should start to become difficult to frown. The full effect is within 2 weeks. Dose adjustments are routinely given to optimize results.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

When Does Botox Start Working

+1
Botox usually begins to work 3-7 days after the initial injection and it's full effects can be noticed at 14 days. It has a gradual onset and it wears off gradually as well. Its effects normally last 3-4 months for most patients.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Full effect of Botox

+1

Sometimes longer! The peak effect of Botox may not occur for as much as two to four weeks after the injections. The onset may only occur several days after treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

+1

Typically, it can take 3-5 days for the Botox to work. This is because the Botox takes time to block the nerves that cause the muscle contractions leading to your wrinkles. Please be patient...you'll get your great results soon. Enjoy your Botox!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Botox and Full Effect

+1

Every one is different and I have had patients see the full effect at 2 days and some taking about 2 weeks.  In general it takes about 1 week before the full effect has taken place.

Good luck and be patient.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Very Variable

+1

That would be the average time. I have had patients tell me that the Botox took its affect the next day. I have also seen it ( in myself and others, take as long as two weeks. Be patient. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist