Botox Price for Forehead Wrinkles?

How much would be the total price of Botox for the forehead if it is priced at 10 dollars per unit?

Botox Costs

+3

Although most places charge by the unit, I think this can leave people confused and unhappy.  I our practice, we charge by the area treated.  Each area in the upper face costs $175.  Typically treated areas include between the eyebrows (glabella), the forehead, and in the "crow's feet".  First-time patient discounts and other specials often apply.  There are several benefits to charging by the area:

• We use as much Botox as is necessary to work, but don't overuse
  • You are guaranteed the muscles will be paralyzed.  If not enough was used, touch ups are done at no cost.  Again, you pay for the area and not the amount of medication used.  Its my job to make sure I use enough.
  • You know exactly how much it will be before you come in.  No surprises.

As a side note, I typically use between 20 (one area) and 60 (3 areas) units for the upper face, so the total cost is less than $10/unit.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Price of Botox treatment at $10.00 per unit

+2

First of all, be careful chosing the Doctor who will inject the Botox.

Most experienced  Board Certified Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons will charge more than $10.00 per unit, although it is possible that you may get very good results at this price.

We inject between 14 and 22 units on the brow and 8  to 16 units on the forehead, to start with.

We often  review the results 2 weeks later, especially for new patients. We can then inject additional units  if necessary.

We charge $13.00 per unit.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Botox, Dysport, Wrinkle Treatment, Beverly Hills Botox Dysport, Los Angeles Botox Dysport

+2

No way of knowing.  First I'm not sure everyone prices Botox at $10 per unit and if they do, there's no way to tell how many units your forehead would require.  In our Beverly Hills/Los Angeles office, we charge $300 per area for Botox and the forehad takes typically 2 areas for a total cost of $600.

Botox - cost

+2

In general, the forehead requires anywhere from 10-20 units of botox depending on the patient's anatomy.  Therefore at $10 a unit this should run you anywhere from $100-$200.  In your consultation, you should feel comfortable talking to your surgeon about how many units he/she thinks you'll need prior to injecting.  That way you will have a better understanding as to how much your total cost will be.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Price / Cost of Botox in Beverly Hills, California and Los Angeles for Forehead , Crow's feet , and Glabella

+1
Some doctors charge per unit and others charge per area.  Per unit in Beverly Hills most will charge around $15/unit while they might offer $10/unit during holidays or discounts.  The forehead for most women requires about 20 units on average.  The Glabella or 11's requires 25-30 units on average.  The Crow's feet require 25 units combined on average, so about 12.5 units per side.  An important thing to note from doctor to doctor is the concentration of the solution they are using. More concentrated is preferable in my hands for many reasons, but this varies from doctor to doctor. From my experience with patients and friends, the most reliable indicator for finding a good injector physician is word of mouth.  Most people have been injected by more than one physician and on more than one occasion. When those people get injected by physicians with varying degrees of talent they realize it. Unlike surgical photos, before and after photos of botox injections are not a reliable indicator.  There is no magic to botox injections -- just knowing the patient's anatomy and the patient's needs very very well will provide a great outcome. 

Ben Talei, MD

Treatment areas

+1
The typical forehead and 11's will require about 40 units for treatment.  The crow's feet can require 5 to 10 units.  It depends on the the size of the face and the muscular strength.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

$$ for Botox To The Forehead?

+1
It is difficult to answer this question because every face is different.

The number of Botox units injected depends on the strength of the "forehead muscles" you are trying to paralyze with the toxin to improve the wrinkles, both at rest and during "activation".  Different people require different quantities of Botox in different areas to get similar results. A simple example is the following -- a man in his 30s will likely have a stronger set of facial muscles than a young woman in her 20s. He will thus need more Botox than the girl to obtain a similar result.

Typically, I inject 15-20 units in the forehead and 20-25 units between the brows.  So, if you are paying $10 per unit, this would range anywhere from $350 to $450.  (**On a side note, $10 a unit is a very cheap price, and I would question the experience of the injector who quotes this price -- this is obviously exclusive of promotions, or a discount that may be provided for you...)

One point I stress to all prospective Botox patients is to make sure they do their research when it pertains to their physician injector.

The experience of the physician is more important than the price of the Botox.

I think the key lies in truly understanding the anatomy of the injected area, and more importantly the variability in the anatomy between patients -- for brows, the forehead and anywhere else you plan on receiving a Botox injection. This includes having a firm understanding of the origin, insertion, and action of each muscle that will be injected, the thickness of each muscle targeted, and the patient variability therein. As a plastic surgeon, I am intrinsically biased since I operate in the area for browlifts and facelifts, and have a unique perspective to the muscle anatomy since I commonly dissect under the skin and see the actual muscles themselves. For me, this helps guide where to inject and where not to. However, with that said, I know many Dermatologists who know the anatomy well despite not operating in that area, and get great results.

It should not be the price of the Botox, but the experience and education of the individual physician that should guide where you receive your Botox treatment.

Always remember, you tend to get what you pay for.

Good luck.

Mark K. Markarian, MD, MSPH
Chestnut Hill Plastic Surgeon

Botox Price

+1
Botox can be charged for by the unit or by the area. Typically one area will need 20-30 units injected, so use the price you are quoted to calculate the total dollar amount depending on your particular needs.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Forehead Varies and Can Range Between $200 and $250

+1

It's important to realize that it takes time for botox to work. In the vast majority of patients it takes 2 to 3 days to see a response to this type of treatment. This response becomes progressively stronger over the course of 5 to 7 days following injection.

Under these circumstances, it's not unusual for vertical frown lines to remain unchanged for several days following the injection of botox. Botox is effective for treating dynamic frown lines which are related to muscle contractivity. In cases where furrows are deep, botox may not totally correct the problem and treatment may need to be augmented with juvederm.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Botox Price Richmond VA

+1
Dear tracielynn. Botox price is often a topic that brings up quite a bit of confusion and frustration for patients seeking the best value for their Botox.

First and foremost, find out who will be injecting your Botox. There are thousands of spas, family doctors, GYN's and even dentists who offer Botox after completing a half-day training course. Just because they are offering the cheapest price doesn't mean you are getting the best value. 

Botox requires knowledge of the facial anatomy and proper depth and amount of product to be used safely and effectively. In my practice I see many patients who had Botox placed by an inexperienced injector and are disappointed with their results. I would recommend only seeing a board certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon or dermatologist. Is saving $40 worth risking your face?

Prior to your visit, make certain the injections are performed by the surgeon. People are often surprised when they research a good surgeon, and then a nurse walks in the room with the syringe in her hand. 

Next, make certain to find a surgeon who will talk about YOUR rejuvenation goals and the areas that are of concern to you. I have spoken to patients injected elsewhere who said the surgeon came into the room and told them where he was injecting without really finding out what the patient wanted. It is your face and your hard earned money, you deserve the best possible results. 

I hope these ideas are helpful, and wish you the best

Dr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon