What Are the Post Treatment Instructions After Botox?

Rules and Instructions after Botox (or Dysport) Treatment

+1
The Rules after Botox:
  1. No massaging or manipulating the area directly and no facials or lying face down on a massage table for at least one week.
  2. No lying down flat for four hours.
  3. No exercise at all the same day after treatment.
  4. No aggressive exercise for 24 hours.
  5. Ideally no flying on a plane within 24 hours.
  6. Call immediately if you are worried about anything. Don't hesitate.

+1

I tell my patients that I would like the BOTOX to stay in the area where it is meant to stay and to avoid all activities that can force Botox to migrate from the area and decrease the effect. Botox is attached to the receptors by 24 hours.
So the post botox instructions are
1. Do not rub the area, lie on the area ( face down) for 24 hours.
2. No strenuous activity or saunas for 24 hours.

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Post treatment instructions after Botox

+1
 Post treatment instructions after  Botox Injections include not massaging the area and not laying flat for the first 4 hours after the procedure. Make-up can be applied immediately after the procedure to camouflage any swelling or bruising that  is present.

Lots of recommendations...all vary...none really important...

+1

each doctor has his/her own specific instruction...and none are the same...and all of the outcomes are basically the same...once the botox has been injected...correctly...then you can pretty much do what you want...in general not a bad idea to wait a few moments before you lie down or wear a hat over the treated area, but aside from that...relax...the botox very rapidly gets into the tissues...and as a result all of the advice is just left over from whoever trained your doctor...we've learned a lot over the past many years...and now we know by the time you get home or to the gym...you're okay...

Ken Landow, MD

Botox post treatment instructions

+1

Our office instructs patients:  No lying down for one hour.  No constrictive head gear, (tight baseball hats, etc;).  No working out that day.  The patient knows that they are welcome to call at any time with any questions.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

+1

The main instruction I give is to not massage the area.  I don’t think that lying down is considered a problem anymore. Some physicians will have their patients move the injected muscles to attempt to hasten the action of the Botox.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Post Treatment Instructions After Botox

+1

Common sense is the best postoperative care for botox treatments. Also, avoid massage or manipulation of the injected sites unless specifically directed by the injector.  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Post treatment for Botox

+1

In the first hour after Botox injections, I recommend that my patients repeatedly move the effected muscles. Do not manually manipulate the face and refrain from lying down in the first 90 minutes after the procedure.

Arnold W. Klein, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Move Muscles, Do not Message, and Do Not bend over

+1

I instruct my patients to the injected muscles that caused the wrinkles every ten minutes for two hours. This is in hopes of diffusing the Botox into those muscles. I too advise my patients not to message the treated areas since conceilvably this could propel the Botox into areas it was not intended.

I also tell patients not to bend over, shoe shop, tie their shoes, bowl etc. until bed time. The rationale is that the Botox might migrate to the Levator Palpebrae muscle and give a lid drop. An article in Skin Med in Their Myths and Misconceptions section averred that this advice was of no value. However, perhaps, out of force of habit, I still list this in my post-Botox instructions.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Botox Post Treatment

+1

The most important thing is to not massage the area for the next 24 hours.  Gentle face washing it fine after the injection.

Not massaging the area will keep the botox injection in the area is was intended for.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD