Weird Eyebrow Arch After Botox

I had Botox injections for the 4 first time 7 days ago. The horizontal lines across my forehead are gone, there is still a vertical crease between my eyes. But my eyebrows have this arch now that they have never had, and it looks weird. I look harsh! When I try to wrinkle my forehead it is smooth everywhere except for the temple areas where it still creases and moves. Can I get rid of this arch? I hate it.

Arched Eyebrows After Botox

+2

We agree with the panel members - this negative outcome is easily resolved by a very small dose of Botox strategically placed.  We disagree that this represents a "lack of sophistication" as it may occur even with the best injectors.   You should feel comfortable to return for a check up with your practitioner so that they may remedy the situation and retain their relationship with you. 

Regarding the vertical lines between the eyebrows - this is not an area that is dosed if you are only interested in treating the forehead (horizontal) lines.  You may want to discuss this at the time of your check up so that options may be offered.  Oftentimes, patients confused the forehead treatment with the treatment of the muscles responsible for frown lines.

Yes, see the doctor again for more Botox

+2

It sounds like the doctor just treated your central forehead. Sometimes, treating only this area can cause the medial brow to droop, and the lateral brow to arch upwards. (I call it the Mr. Spock look.) I would suggest asking the doctor to inject the lateral forehead where you see movement, and that should even out you brow and improve your problem.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Arched eyebrows afte Botox

+1

When the botox injections are limited to the central forehead, and the lateral portion of themsucle is not treated, you get this arch on the sides. This can be adjusted with some more botox.

The doctor has to understand the anatomy.

+1

Hi! It's true that this can be improved with a little more Botox, but I personally would not return. The overall result you describe suggests a lack of sophistication.

There is a bit of an art to using Botox, and it's worthwhile trying to find a good injector, even if it costs a little more. Go to a board certified plastic surgeon or to a board certified dermatologist who uses a lot of Botox. You can find doctors from the company (Allergan).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Eyebrow arch

+1

Fortunately, your issue has a simple solution.  Just a few units of Botox above the eyebrows where you are able to create wrinkles in the forehead ought to take care of it.

Good luck. 

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Botox...Why Do I Look Like Jack Nicholson as the Joker in Batman

+1

Hi Trix,

Return to your injecting physician. The evil arch of "The Joker", "Spock", and "Cruella" can be relaxed with a few properly placed units of Botox. Make sure that your undesired results are boldly noted in your chart so as to avoid repeating the "Beloushi" brow.

Be well, and watch out for Batman until the eye brow relaxes.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

You can get rid of weird eyebrow arch from Botox

+1

Facial expression is very complicated. In order for our faces to make the myriad of expressions we form, there is a complex system of fine muscles that contract to pull different parts of our faces in various directions. Botox works by temporarily weakening muscles. In that way facial expressions can be altered (for the better or the worse).

There are various reasons why your brow may have formed an unnatural shape. When the forehead lines were treated, the muscles weakened were those that lift the eyebrow (those are the muscles that cause horizontal forehead lines). In your case the muscles over the center of your forehead were weakened more than those in the parts closer to your ears.

The muscles that pull down the center portion of your brows are the same ones that cause the cause vertical lines in the glabella (between the brows). If those muscles are still strong, they are pulling, unopposed, by the muscles that lift the inside corner of the brow and your brow would be pulled downwardPeople who notice an angry brow shape often have brows that are low near their nose and high near their ears. If that is the situation treating the outside portion of your forehea making the problem worse.

Bottom line. As you can see this is complicated. If the problem is simply that some muscles are too weak, you need to wait for the Botox to wear off. If the problem is that some muscles are weak but the opposing muscles are still strong, then you may be helped by more Botox is certain areas.

If you are patient, you can just wait. Botox always wears off and you will return to normal. If you are interested in improving things more quickly, it is worth getting the advice of a skilled Botox injector, It may be helpful to get some botox in lateral portion of your forehead and/or some botox to treat the vertical lines between your brows.

Hope this long answer is helpful.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon