Will Botox Injection Be Noticeable 5 Days Later?

New to Botox - I have an event 5 days after injections. Will it be noticable? I'm looking to get this done between my eyes and a small wrinkle on my upper lip

Botox 5 days later

+2

Bruising at 5 days after a Botox injection would be unusual.

However Botox around the lips is often disappointing for lip wrinkles. Botox just relaxes muscles, it does not take wrinkles away or fill them up the way hyaluronic acid fillers do.

Botox can also affect the function of the lip... including with eating and speech. That would be your biggest risk at 5 days.

Botox 5 days before an event

+2

It is not likely that you will experience any visible signs of the injection.

However, I would strongly advise you NOT doing this 5 days before an event primarily because of the lip issue.

Many people are "awkward:" when the Botox kicks in for the first time. Especially to the lip. This could result in funny lip movements that may make you standout.

Botox effect in 5 days

+1

It takes about 3 days to start to see the effect of Botox and up to 12 days to see the full effect.  If you have bruising with the injections, they should be gone within 5 days or certainly easy to camouflage with makeup.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and upcoming event

+1

The only thing that you may have 5 days after inejction is a possible bruise. This is difficult to predict but usually does not happen with Botox.

Will Botox Injection be Noticeable After 5 Days?

+1

We tell our patients that the full effect of Botox will normally be visible by 7 days, so after 5 days, you should have fairly complete results.

With that said, one of the most common side effects of Botox injections is bruising.  Make sure you go to an experienced Botox practitioner to lessen the possibility of bruising.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

5 days is usually enough time

+1

Generally, 5 days is enough to see the effect of Botox.  Some people take longer though and so your event might come and go without the maximun Botox benefit.  Your plan would have been better to do it 2 weeks before the event.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Most likely, yes.

+1

I usually find that Botox starts to weaken the muscles as early as the evening of injection. I usually tell patients to wait 5-7 days for the full effect, but you surely will notice some improvement 5 days after the injection. Ideally, getting Botox two weeks before the event would be preferable, but if you must get the injection 5 days before, I think you'll be fine. In addition, bruising in the regions you describe is usually not an issue. Have fun!

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait until after the event.

+1

Hi.  You don't see the peak effect of Botox for 2 weeks, so at 5 days you might not see much improvement.  And there is always the chance of getting some bruising for a few days after Botox.  So I would say wait.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Effect of botox injection after 5 days

+1

It typically takes approximately 3-5 days before Botox injections are first noticed although in one of my staff, effects are noticeable the day after her injections. The effects peak at approximately 2 weeks and last for 3-4 months. To answer your question, the effects should be noticeable at 5 days.

Although Botox injections carry a low risk of complications, bruising, although uncommon, could occur and that too would be noticeable at 5 days. If you can live with that, then by all means, proceed with Botox.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Botox will most likely be noticeable in 5 days

+1

In most cases, Botox takes effect in 3 to 5 days, and I would expect you to see improvement by the time of your event.

Darrick E. Antell, MD