Can I travel after Rhinoplasty, or should I stay in a hotel until I get the bandages off?

Will I have to book a hotel for the whole week after Rhinoplasty surgery? I live four hours away from the surgeon and will probably book a hotel for a week after my surgery, but I want to know will I have to stay there the whole week, or can I drive home then back to get the bandages off?

+1
  Each surgeon will have a different opinion on this, and it is important to get the input of your surgeon.

If You'll Be More Comfortable At Home Than In a Hotel Room, Travelling After Your Rhinoplasty Is Okay

+1
There really is no major reason that you need to be close to your surgeon for the week after your rhinoplasty. It may not be  a bad idea to stay the night of your surgery (you may not feel like a 4 hour car ride a few hours after having surgery), but as long as you are feeling okay the next morning you should be able to drive home and then return for your appointment the following week. I'm sure the recovery will be much more comfortable at home than in a hotel room. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Travel after Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear jellobubbles
  • Your idea of getting hotel after the surgery is a good one
  • You should be able to head back to Mount Shasta the next day 
  • Preparing for a few days of recovery depending on how you feel is a great idea. 
Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Travel for rhinoplasty

+1
It's probably best to stay relatively close to your rhinoplasty surgeon in case she had a nosebleed. Nose bleeds can occur in the first 2 weeks after the surgery.

Rhinoplasty

+1
You can certainly travel after a rhinoplasty but obviously you need to have someone else do the driving. You could go home after surgery with ice packs on your face and then return a weel later. No driving though while on pain medication. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon