I want to make my nose smaller its too big for my face, what are my options? (photo)

My nose is so ugly I look like a pigeon.

Making the Nose Look Smaller

+1
Thanks for your question and photos. Although your nose does not have a bad shape, I agree that it is too large for your face. The challenge is to keep the many positive features of your nose while setting it back closer to your face, and depending on your wishes, also keeping a fairly straight profile or a subtle slope. The wrong thing to do (and the easiest) is to simply lower the upper part of the nose where you have a slight hump, narrow the tip, and leave the tip projection unchanged, which would still make your nose look large and give you a pronounced slope that could look "operated on."

I would suggest then lowering the entire profile including the tip, which means resecting a portion of tip cartilages allowing a setback of the nose. I have done this hundreds of times, and it is quite predictable. In my hands, this method has given high patient satisfaction with a more proportional nose — but surprisingly subtle results. Talk to a qualified and experienced nose surgeon about this option.

Rhinoplasty to make the nose smaller

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure would involve shaving down the dorsal hump, and osteotomies to the nasal bones. Minor tip adjustments may also be required at the same time. 

Nose too big for your face

+1
Your nose seems to be less refined than your other attractive facial features
Digital imaging will assist in helping you and your surgeon come up with a proposed end result that you would like. Make sure you are realistic as your nose is only minimally too large.

Darryl J. Hodgkinson, MD
Australia Plastic Surgeon

I want to make my nose smaller its too big for my face, what are my options?

+1
If you really want a change, a closed rhinoplasty can be used to refine the tip and bridge.  This will create subtle improvement without visible scars and less swelling.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Options for my rhinoplasty

+1
  • From just looking at your pictures your nose does not look like it should be that difficult of a rhinoplasty to give you a much better appearance. Think also of a chin implant at the same time to make your prolfile more in a verticle or more beautiful plane. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty can help your nose

+1
I wouldn't be to hard on your nose. Based on your photos, removal of your hump/bump and some refinement of your tip will create a nose that will fit your face and enhance your face in a natural way. 

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Good rhinoplasty candidate

+1
First of all, your nose is not ugly, but some refinement would be nice.  This would include making the tip a bit smaller and narrower, while also removing some of the excess on the roof or the nose.  Take care that your surgeon does not do too much, however, especially in terms of turning it up excessively.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon