Bodytite/Vaser Liposuction Scarring

Hi, I had Bodytite Lipo 2 and a half months ago. It didn't work. The clinic I went to were con artists. I am in the process of getting my money back. My upper and lower abs have hard lumpy bits in them. The bottom of my tummy is quite solid. I presume this is scar tissue? Is there anything I can do to help reduce this? Can it cause me problems later in life? How soon can I have vaser or bodytite on area again?? Thank you Sophie.

Liposuction issues

+3

Hopefully you  re seeing or are going to see a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated for your concerns.  You probably need to wait several months before considering having a revision.

Vaser Lipo

+2

Greetings Sophie.  I am sorry to hear you had your experience with con artists.  This is unfortunately very common in medicine now as physicians seek out other sources of revenue.  Many were not trained as surgeons, nor did a residency as a plastic surgeon, nor are board certified.  First, you should get an assessment from a BCPS, and then consider your options.  The hard mass is not usually something that lasts a lifetime, but without an exam, and knowing what they used, it is hard to give accurate information.  Our practice is made up of 30% revisions or corrections of patients who have a story similar to yours.  Your problem sounds like it is able to be corrected, but you must be patient and allow time to heal and determine the best course of action.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon