Has BodyTite Proven to Be Safe and Effective So Far?

BodyTite seems relatively new and uncommon. I'm considering having this procedure done (maybe even along with FaceTite) because it's billed to be "minimally invasive" with less downtime than lipo. I'm wondering if there is any info or opinion out there about this procedure's safety and effectiveness. Also, is there any info/opionion on the longer-term effects--is it as permanent as lipo, is anything weird likely to happen to the area where the RFAL was deeply applied, any hardening/bumps? Thanks

Is it the Technology or the Surgeon that counts in Liposuction.

+2

Search for the surgeon and not the technology. A great surgeon can get a result with any system  Beware of these high tech marketing claims.  This is in reality just liposuction.   Liposuction = vaser=smart lipo= bodytite etc......All the same.   I have used many systems.  I can get a great result with the vVaser and I can get a great result without the Vaser.  Do not be lured by technology marketing claims.  The results are basically the same regardless or the technology.   LIPOSUCTION IS PLIPOSUCTION.   ITS THE SURGEON THAT COUNTS. NOT THE TECHNOLOGY.   Search for a surgeon cert. by the ABPS and who is a fellow....FACS........and a real trained experiences surgeon.  Be a smart consumer.    Good shoping and good luck.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

BodyTite is another new technology that may or may not stand the test of time.

+2

BodyTite/Invasix combines liposuction with the delivery of heat in an attempt to achieve more tightening than what is achieved with liposuction alone. It is not meant to take the place of surgery but rather in selected patients may offer an alternative with different expected outcomes and risks. I personally do not offer this procedure but have followed the device evolution and reviewed the extensive literature.  Although the technology is still evolving, the procedure is considered safe despite some of the comments presented. The question remains about whether this unique method of delivering radiofrequency (RF) energy (which results in measured heat delivery to the tissues) will actually produce consistent and predicable tightening of a degree that is clinically worthwhile.

The concept of stimulating contraction of the skin and connective tissue support using heat is not new. This is employed in a number of other well established and safe procedures such as Thermage, SmartLipo and Titan to name just a few. However, for all of these technologies, predicable skin tightening has been elusive. Surgery is still the most effective strategy for skin laxity but other options do exist. Only time and experience will determine whether BodyTite or similar technologies become more widely available. If you know the risk and limitations of each option, you can make an informed decision. If you are not being giving this information then look for another Plastic Surgeon with experience in these technologies as well as surgery.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Body tite, smartlipo, conventional liposuction

+2

Does laser-assisted or radiofrequency-assisted liopsuction work better than conventional liposuciton??? this would be a great study! Do one side with conventional and the other with one of these laser or radiofrequency-assisted devices. new devices may or may not prove to be beneficial. i am not aware of bad, nor great results from the use of Body Tite.

Ronald Shelton, MD

BodyTite

+2

Bravo to Dr. Kasden!

You can safely ignore just about everything 'new and exciting' in aesthetic medicine and surgery.

Virtually all of these 'innovations' are gone within a couple of years, leaving disappointed patients and unhappy medical practitioners trying to unload leases on expensive devices.

It generally takes a few years before we know whether something works, or is even safe.

In the meantime save your money - or see a savvy plastic surgeon for something real.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Body tite and tightening lasers

+2

There are several skin tightening lasers on the market and they can tighten the skin a bit ( say 20-30%) but in no way do they achive the results of liposcution if you have fat or a tummy tuck is you have really loose skin.

+2

I'm sure it is safe but as for results very unpredictable. Here on REALSELF there is a 65% approval rating so that gives some level of acceptance. Be careful out there. DR. Darryl J. Blinski 

Body Tite- ???

+1

I must claim ignorance on this one, so I am not one to give advice on the procedure specifically.

I will share with you my experience as a solo practioner since 1993.

New things come along all the time.  I personally like to wait about 3 years or so before I adopt them, because we need time to assess the procedure.  Frequently, the complications, indications, patient selection, and longevity of the procedure becomes known later.  Why be a guinea pig?

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD