How can I shorten my super long chin? It gets even worse when I smile. (photo)

I have a very long, oval, face and I'm looking for a way to make it not seem as long. My chin is definitely bigget and when I smile it gets even longer and it comes to a point. I've tried doing research myself, but I don't really know what to do. I want my chin length to be shorter. Please help!

Chin reduction

+2
You will require a surgical reduction of your chin to get the appearance you desire. Typically, the chin is reduced by either shaving layers of the chin bone to the desired contour or cuttin the chin bone and sliding it back into a new position. Both methods will require an incision that is hidden inside your mouth behind your lower lip. Hope this helps. 

How can I shorten my super long chin? It gets even worse when I smile.

+1
The chin can be reduced, and the soft tissue can be managed appropriately.

Long chin

+1
If the problem is in the chin are alone, then sliding genioplasty can help to shorten the chin. I do not recommend shaving.  

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon