I have had 3 pregnancies, and lost significant volume in my breast. I would like a life and Breast augmentation. Is there a preference in Breast Implants and placement for saggy breasts?
Best Breast Implants for Saggy Breasts?
Doctor Answers (20)
Breast implants for saggy breasts.
1) Breast implants will help a lot with moderate sagging, which is what you have. Of course, I am just going by one picture, but you probably don't need a breast lift.
2) I recommend round. smooth walled, moderate plus profile, silicone gel implants placed over the muscle. The right size is about 300 cc's, but this is just an educated guess.
3) Take a look at the breast augmentation page on my website to see how we pick size.
Augmentation for Saggy Breasts
Many women will lose volume in their breasts following pregnancy and nursing. The term for this is "post-partum" atrophy of the breasts. Some patients can return to a more youthful pre-pregnancy appearance with the placement of either saline implants or silicone gel implants. 'Better coverage of the implants is achieved by placing the implants under the pectorals muscle. Additionally, mammography is easier to perform with the implants under the muscle. In some patients who have stretching and drooping of their remaining breast skin, it may be necessary to perform a breast lift as well as placement of the implant.
Sagging and implants
Breast implants do not correct sagging breasts. They will increase volume and more than likely you will need formal lift.
You might also like...
Discuss risks alternatives and benefits or various approaches
There are options and no right or wrong options. over the muscle will achieve the greatest amount of "filling" of the "deflated" appearance however, there is a tradeoff of not placing the implants under the muscle (softer upper pole contour, ;lower rate of capsular contracture, easier mammogram interpretation).
Breast implants for saggy breasts
Best Implants for saggy breasts
Breast implants that give a bit of a lift
These three things to help give you the extra lift you require to make your breasts “perkier” without mastopexy are considered:
1) During your breast augmentation, the breast implants will be placed directly under the breast tissue and above the chest wall muscle (in the sub-mammary position).
2) The best breast implants to use for a perkier result contain silicone gel that is more cohesive, such as the Allergan Inspira Truform 2 (formerly known as Soft-Touch gel). These implants are slightly firmer to maintain their shape better, but still retain their natural feel.
3) The shape of your breast implants should have more, rather than less, projection. Breast implants with a smaller base width will make your breasts project more forward from your chest wall and body, creating a more prominent contour. “Profile” is a synonym for projection, therefore look for high profile implants.
Generally speaking, larger breast implants can also help give a better lift, sometimes raising the position of the nipple by one or two centimetres.
Women with serious sagging should consider mastopexy. Please talk to a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best solution for you.
Breast implants for sagging breasts
Quintessa Miller MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
Breast Augmentation & Lift
It’s not unusual for women to have both breast hypoplasia and breast sag following pregnancy. When breast sag is severe, it must be addressed to optimize the surgical result. In some cases, placing the implant on top of the pectoralis muscles can provide a solution for this problem. In the majority of cases, placement of the implant beneath the muscles in combination with breast lift, surgery can provide an excellent result.
A variety of options exist for breast implants, but in the majority of cases, smooth walled round silicone and saline implants are preferable. It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform a physical exam and formulate a plan for treating your condition.
Are breast implants made for saggy breast?
Unfortunately, a breast augmentation isn't the surgery you would need. For sagging breast, the appropriate surgery for you would be a breast lift (mastopexy). It is possible to have a breast lift done with a small implant to keep the volume up, but if you just get a breast augmentation done, it will not help your situation at all.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.