Best Breast Implants for Saggy Breasts?

I have had 3 pregnancies, and lost significant volume in my breast. I would like a life and Breast augmentation. Is there a preference in Breast Implants and placement for saggy breasts?

Breast implants for saggy breasts.

Hi!

1) Breast implants will help a lot with moderate sagging, which is what you have. Of course, I am just going by one picture, but you probably don't need a breast lift.

2) I recommend round. smooth walled, moderate plus profile, silicone gel implants placed over the muscle. The right size is about 300 cc's, but this is just an educated guess.

3) Take a look at the breast augmentation page on my website to see how we pick size.

Augmentation for Saggy Breasts

Many women will lose volume in their breasts following pregnancy and nursing. The term for this is "post-partum" atrophy of the breasts. Some patients can return to a more youthful pre-pregnancy appearance with the placement of either saline implants or silicone gel implants. 'Better coverage of the implants is achieved by placing the implants under the pectorals muscle. Additionally, mammography is easier to perform with the implants under the muscle. In some patients who have stretching and drooping of their remaining breast skin, it may be necessary to perform a breast lift as well as placement of the implant.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Sagging and implants

Breast implants do not correct sagging breasts. They will increase volume and more than likely you will need  formal lift.

Discuss risks alternatives and benefits or various approaches

There are options and no right or wrong options. over the muscle will achieve the greatest amount of "filling" of the "deflated" appearance however, there is a tradeoff of not placing the implants under the muscle (softer upper pole contour, ;lower rate of capsular contracture, easier mammogram interpretation).

Breast augmentation after pregnancies, connecticut

Based on your photo it's not easy to determine whether you would benefit from a breast augmentation or a lift. I would need to examine you and take measurements to help determine a specific plan. Having said that, it does look like you have a lot of volume loss especially in the upper pole of the breast, commonly seen after childbirth and breast feeding. If your nipples are in a good location, you would be a great candidate for a breast augmentation. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

High profile

I think that high profile implants work nicely in patients with moderate sagging who want to improve the breast shape but do not want a lift.

Breast implants for saggy breasts

Thank you for your question. It appears from your pictures that you are a good candidate for breast implants with a lift. Without a proper exam it would be difficult to assess what size implants you will need and what type of lift would be needed. I prefer gel implants placed under the muscle and try to choose a mastopexy procedure that will limit the amount of scarring. Good luck in your surgery!

Best Implants for saggy breasts

Breast Implants can make breasts fuller, but they will not make breasts perkier or eliminate sagging. An in person consultation would be required to determine whether or not a breast lift, in addition to an augmnetation would be a good plan for you

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants that give a bit of a lift

I would have to see you in person but sometimes a lift is not necessary.

This is what I do to maximize lift with a breast implant alone:

- use silicone cohesive gel implants. The more cohesive the better. I am not sure if these are available yet in the US, but the Allergan Inspira Truform 2 implants are ideal

- use high profile implants. The more projection you have, the more lift you will get

- have the implants placed in the submammary pocket (under the breast itself). You should have a pinch thickness at the top of your breast of at least 2 cm

Breast implants for sagging breasts

It is possible for you to get a nice lift with breast augmentation alone.  I prefer a dual plane approach whereby the top of the implant is covered by your pectoralis muscle and the bottom of the implant is in contact with your breast tissue.  This gives the benefit of additional coverage where rippling occurs and a natural appearance as the implant will be one unit with your breast tissue as you age.  If in time you still would like more of a lift, then at that time you can get a breast lift over the implants.

Quintessa Miller MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Quintessa Miller, MD, FACS
Fort Walton Beach Plastic Surgeon