Best Breast Implants for Saggy Breasts?

I have had 3 pregnancies, and lost significant volume in my breast. I would like a life and Breast augmentation. Is there a preference in Breast Implants and placement for saggy breasts?

Breast implants for saggy breasts.

+3

Hi!

1) Breast implants will help a lot with moderate sagging, which is what you have. Of course, I am just going by one picture, but you probably don't need a breast lift.

2) I recommend round. smooth walled, moderate plus profile, silicone gel implants placed over the muscle. The right size is about 300 cc's, but this is just an educated guess.

3) Take a look at the breast augmentation page on my website to see how we pick size.

Augmentation for Saggy Breasts

+2

Many women will lose volume in their breasts following pregnancy and nursing. The term for this is "post-partum" atrophy of the breasts. Some patients can return to a more youthful pre-pregnancy appearance with the placement of either saline implants or silicone gel implants. 'Better coverage of the implants is achieved by placing the implants under the pectorals muscle. Additionally, mammography is easier to perform with the implants under the muscle. In some patients who have stretching and drooping of their remaining breast skin, it may be necessary to perform a breast lift as well as placement of the implant.

Sagging and implants

+2

Breast implants do not correct sagging breasts. They will increase volume and more than likely you will need  formal lift.

Discuss risks alternatives and benefits or various approaches

+2

There are options and no right or wrong options. over the muscle will achieve the greatest amount of "filling" of the "deflated" appearance however, there is a tradeoff of not placing the implants under the muscle (softer upper pole contour, ;lower rate of capsular contracture, easier mammogram interpretation).

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Breast implants for sagging breasts

+1
It is possible for you to get a nice lift with breast augmentation alone.  I prefer a dual plane approach whereby the top of the implant is covered by your pectoralis muscle and the bottom of the implant is in contact with your breast tissue.  This gives the benefit of additional coverage where rippling occurs and a natural appearance as the implant will be one unit with your breast tissue as you age.  If in time you still would like more of a lift, then at that time you can get a breast lift over the implants.

Quintessa Miller MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: Http://www.mysaplasticsurgeon.com

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation & Lift

+1

It’s not unusual for women to have both breast hypoplasia and breast sag following pregnancy. When breast sag is severe, it must be addressed to optimize the surgical result. In some cases, placing the implant on top of the pectoralis muscles can provide a solution for this problem. In the majority of cases, placement of the implant beneath the muscles in combination with breast lift, surgery can provide an excellent result.

A variety of options exist for breast implants, but in the majority of cases, smooth walled round silicone and saline implants are preferable. It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform a physical exam and formulate a plan for treating your condition.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Are breast implants made for saggy breast?

+1

Unfortunately, a breast augmentation isn't the surgery you would need. For sagging breast, the appropriate surgery for you would be a breast lift (mastopexy). It is possible to have a breast lift done with a small implant to keep the volume up, but if you just get a breast augmentation done, it will not help your situation at all.

Best Breast Implants for Saggy Breasts

+1

The question is not which implant will be the best but what procedure is indicated for the rejuvenation of your breasts.  In reviewing your photograph I think it is evident that you need a breast  lift or mastopexy as a first step to rejuvenating your breasts and probably implants as well whether they are saline or silicone.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Lifting Saggy Breast With Implants

+1

You could get some lifting with an appropriate sized implant. The best result would be obtained with a silicone gel implant placed in front of the muscle. A larger implant would be necessary behind the muscle to prevent the so called "double bubble" effect.

Best Breast Implants for saggy breasts

+1

As you can readily see there are subtle differences of opinion with well educated plastic surgeons.

In my opinion, you will most benefit from an Augmentation and Lift (Mastopexy) Procedure done at the same time. It would both fill the breasts as well as lift them to a more youthful perky appearance.

Although both Saline and Silicone Gel implants may be used, my preference would be for the gel implants which although more expensive feel more natural and are slightly lighter (for the same volume).

What you need to consider is that your scar (a lollipop shape) would probably be visible for a long time. Judging by the darker spots on your breasts, you appear to hyper pigment. This means your surgical scar will be darker as well.

Hope this was helpful.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.