I have had 3 pregnancies, and lost significant volume in my breast. I would like a life and Breast augmentation. Is there a preference in Breast Implants and placement for saggy breasts?
Best Breast Implants for Saggy Breasts?
Doctor Answers (21)
Breast implants for saggy breasts.
1) Breast implants will help a lot with moderate sagging, which is what you have. Of course, I am just going by one picture, but you probably don't need a breast lift.
2) I recommend round. smooth walled, moderate plus profile, silicone gel implants placed over the muscle. The right size is about 300 cc's, but this is just an educated guess.
3) Take a look at the breast augmentation page on my website to see how we pick size.
Augmentation for Saggy Breasts
Many women will lose volume in their breasts following pregnancy and nursing. The term for this is "post-partum" atrophy of the breasts. Some patients can return to a more youthful pre-pregnancy appearance with the placement of either saline implants or silicone gel implants. 'Better coverage of the implants is achieved by placing the implants under the pectorals muscle. Additionally, mammography is easier to perform with the implants under the muscle. In some patients who have stretching and drooping of their remaining breast skin, it may be necessary to perform a breast lift as well as placement of the implant.
Sagging and implants
Breast implants do not correct sagging breasts. They will increase volume and more than likely you will need formal lift.
You might also like...
Discuss risks alternatives and benefits or various approaches
There are options and no right or wrong options. over the muscle will achieve the greatest amount of "filling" of the "deflated" appearance however, there is a tradeoff of not placing the implants under the muscle (softer upper pole contour, ;lower rate of capsular contracture, easier mammogram interpretation).
Breast implants for saggy breasts
Best Implants for saggy breasts
Breast implants that give a bit of a lift
This is what I do to maximize lift with a breast implant alone:
- use silicone cohesive gel implants. The more cohesive the better. I am not sure if these are available yet in the US, but the Allergan Inspira Truform 2 implants are ideal
- use high profile implants. The more projection you have, the more lift you will get
- have the implants placed in the submammary pocket (under the breast itself). You should have a pinch thickness at the top of your breast of at least 2 cm
Breast implants for sagging breasts
Quintessa Miller MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
Breast Augmentation & Lift
It’s not unusual for women to have both breast hypoplasia and breast sag following pregnancy. When breast sag is severe, it must be addressed to optimize the surgical result. In some cases, placing the implant on top of the pectoralis muscles can provide a solution for this problem. In the majority of cases, placement of the implant beneath the muscles in combination with breast lift, surgery can provide an excellent result.
A variety of options exist for breast implants, but in the majority of cases, smooth walled round silicone and saline implants are preferable. It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform a physical exam and formulate a plan for treating your condition.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.