Best Breast Implants for Saggy Breasts?

I have had 3 pregnancies, and lost significant volume in my breast. I would like a life and Breast augmentation. Is there a preference in Breast Implants and placement for saggy breasts?

Breast implants for saggy breasts.

+3

Hi!

1) Breast implants will help a lot with moderate sagging, which is what you have. Of course, I am just going by one picture, but you probably don't need a breast lift.

2) I recommend round. smooth walled, moderate plus profile, silicone gel implants placed over the muscle. The right size is about 300 cc's, but this is just an educated guess.

3) Take a look at the breast augmentation page on my website to see how we pick size.

Augmentation for Saggy Breasts

+2

Many women will lose volume in their breasts following pregnancy and nursing. The term for this is "post-partum" atrophy of the breasts. Some patients can return to a more youthful pre-pregnancy appearance with the placement of either saline implants or silicone gel implants. 'Better coverage of the implants is achieved by placing the implants under the pectorals muscle. Additionally, mammography is easier to perform with the implants under the muscle. In some patients who have stretching and drooping of their remaining breast skin, it may be necessary to perform a breast lift as well as placement of the implant.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Sagging and implants

+2

Breast implants do not correct sagging breasts. They will increase volume and more than likely you will need  formal lift.

Discuss risks alternatives and benefits or various approaches

+2

There are options and no right or wrong options. over the muscle will achieve the greatest amount of "filling" of the "deflated" appearance however, there is a tradeoff of not placing the implants under the muscle (softer upper pole contour, ;lower rate of capsular contracture, easier mammogram interpretation).

High profile

+1
I think that high profile implants work nicely in patients with moderate sagging who want to improve the breast shape but do not want a lift.

Gary Lawton, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants for saggy breasts

+1
Thank you for your question. It appears from your pictures that you are a good candidate for breast implants with a lift. Without a proper exam it would be difficult to assess what size implants you will need and what type of lift would be needed. I prefer gel implants placed under the muscle and try to choose a mastopexy procedure that will limit the amount of scarring. Good luck in your surgery!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Best Implants for saggy breasts

+1
Breast Implants can make breasts fuller, but they will not make breasts perkier or eliminate sagging. An in person consultation would be required to determine whether or not a breast lift, in addition to an augmnetation would be a good plan for you

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants that give a bit of a lift

+1
Mild to moderate sagging with breast implants alone can be achieved by taking into account the size you'd like to be and the amount of lift you require during the pre-surgery planning process.

These three things to help give you the extra lift you require to make your breasts “perkier” without mastopexy are considered:

1) During your breast augmentation, the breast implants will be placed directly under the breast tissue and above the chest wall muscle (in the sub-mammary position).

2) The best breast implants to use for a perkier result contain silicone gel that is more cohesive, such as the Allergan Inspira Truform 2 (formerly known as Soft-Touch gel). These implants are slightly firmer to maintain their shape better, but still retain their natural feel.

3) The shape of your breast implants should have more, rather than less, projection. Breast implants with a smaller base width will make your breasts project more forward from your chest wall and body, creating a more prominent contour. “Profile” is a synonym for projection, therefore look for high profile implants.

Generally speaking, larger breast implants can also help give a better lift, sometimes raising the position of the nipple by one or two centimetres.

Women with serious sagging should consider mastopexy. Please talk to a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best solution for you. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast implants for sagging breasts

+1
It is possible for you to get a nice lift with breast augmentation alone.  I prefer a dual plane approach whereby the top of the implant is covered by your pectoralis muscle and the bottom of the implant is in contact with your breast tissue.  This gives the benefit of additional coverage where rippling occurs and a natural appearance as the implant will be one unit with your breast tissue as you age.  If in time you still would like more of a lift, then at that time you can get a breast lift over the implants.

Quintessa Miller MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Quintessa Miller, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation & Lift

+1

It’s not unusual for women to have both breast hypoplasia and breast sag following pregnancy. When breast sag is severe, it must be addressed to optimize the surgical result. In some cases, placing the implant on top of the pectoralis muscles can provide a solution for this problem. In the majority of cases, placement of the implant beneath the muscles in combination with breast lift, surgery can provide an excellent result.

A variety of options exist for breast implants, but in the majority of cases, smooth walled round silicone and saline implants are preferable. It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform a physical exam and formulate a plan for treating your condition.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon