How Much Does an MRI After Breast Implants Cost?

About how much does an MRI costs after you have your Breast implants? I'm considering having breast augmentation but I heard that MRI's are really expensive so I want to have an idea of how much does an MRI really costs

MRI

+1

The costs will vary considerably across the country and from MRI center to center. It will probably run you $1000-$2000.

MRI costs

+1

Now do not  quote me, but I think in NYC they probably run between $1-2000 for a study of the breasts.

How Much Does an MRI After Breast Implants Cost? Consider negotiating

+1

We have made arrangements with some private facilities that will perform these for as little as $400-500. However, newer technologies with higher strength Tesla magnets may cost more, When billed to thrid party insurance companies, some facilities will charge in the range of $3000.

Breast MRI after silicone gel implants

+1

Jessey,

This cost will most likely vary depending on where you live and from one imaging center to another. In Las Vegas I've seen quotes for just under $1,000 to $1,800. Although these prices may change as time goes on with more women having breast MRI, you might contact local imaging centers and get a quote. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

How much does breast MRI cost?

+1

Hi Jessy 85. It varies depending on your location. For example, in New York City it costs about $2100 and on Long Island it costs about $1500. Call a radiology facility in your area and ask them how much a bilateral breast MRI costs. If your surgeon has ordered a breast MRI to determine if your silicone implants are leaking, some insurance companies will cover the cost. You can call your insurance company and find out the answer to this. Keep in mind that insurance companies can sometimes arbitrarily change what they will cover. So just because they say they will cover it now, they may not cover it in the future. Also, discuss with your plastic surgeon what you will do if your silicone implants leak, so you know ahead of time what you are committing to. Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD