600cc Breast Implants to Achieve D Cup Too Large?

I am going in for my breast implants in a week, and I'm having second thoughts about the size. I am 25 years old, I have one child, and I don't have any sagging or stretch marks on my breasts. I am currently an A cup and I would like to be a full natural D cup. My surgeon and I decided on 600cc cohesive gel implants. I'm wondering if they will end up looking too big. Is 600cc too big? If not, how big will my breast end up being?

600 cc? and you want to look natural?

+5

I've never once seen 600cc implants look natural...at least in my opinion of what natural is.

I've also never seen an A cup patient wth 600 cc implants whose tissue wasn't damaged from the weight and pressure over time.

If you want to be natural, forget about the cup size. Go to a surgeo who can measure you and determine on objective grounds the ideal sized implant to fill your breast envelope. My bet is that it isn't more than 350cc...

Web reference: http://www.drteitelbaum.com

It depends on your proportions

+2

I certainly agree with the comments above. 600cc implants are generally considered large, but cup size is proportional to bra size. If you're a 40 bra band size, 600 cc may be right for you. If you're a 32, 600cc will be larger than a D.

In your surgeon's office, try on a set of sizers and see what 600cc looks like on your body. That's a good way to tell if you're overdoing it.

Finally, we've got a 3D scanner so you can see a close representation of what various sizes of implants would look like. Not many offices have the technology, but it really helps people visualize what results may be achieved.

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

600CC TOO LARGE?

+1
Breast implants come in several shapes, profiles, and sizes.  In order to determine the best possible implant size for you, I would measure your breast base width.  This measurement will tell you which range of sizes will best fit your body.  Using oversized implants puts you at a higher risk for a number of complications.  In regards to the final size of your breasts, there is no way to really guarantee a cup size.  Cup sizes are not standardized for bras so a DD in one brand or style could be different in another.  I recommend revisiting this issue with your board certified plastic surgeon before surgery.

Be well and good luck!
@norrisplastic

Web reference: http://www.norrisplasticsurgeryhouston.com/cosmetic-procedures/breast-surgery/breast-augmentation/

Implant Sizing

+1
Here is my approach to sizing.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Implant Selection Process

+1

600 cc implants are on the very large size of what I use in my practice.   It is well known that larger implants cause more frequent implant complications.    In terms of size, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Vectra 3D Imaging May Help You Determine If 600 CC Breast Implants is Ideal for Your Anatomy

+1

It’s virtually impossible to answer this question without a consultation and physical examination for a variety of reasons. When choosing breast implants for breast augmentation, we’re not interested in implant size, but instead, we’re interested in the appropriate implant fit. I want to achieve harmony, balance, and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures.
It’s obvious that a 600 CC implant would have a much more dramatic effect in someone whose 5 foot tall, then someone who is 6 foot tall. Also, your starting breast size would impact your final breast size and final result. Terminology is also important. I find that not everyone’s idea of a D cup is the same and this potentially can lead to confusion as well.
The best approach to resolve this issue is consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
In an effort to minimize confusion, I utilize both implant sizers and the 3D Vectra computer imaging system. These two systems help the surgeon understand the patient’s aesthetic goals. They also significantly alleviate the anxiety that many patients experience regarding breast implant size.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Implants too large

+1

I just saw this question so you probably already had your surgery.. I hope things went well. It's hard for anyone to say what size you will be with 600cc implants without knowing how much breast tissue you started with and your goals. Hopefully you are happy with the results.

Best Wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

600cc is a larger than average implant

+1

A 600 cc implant is larger than average. Some of the data in the breast implant brochure mandated by the FDA for reading prior to breast augmentation suggests that the risk of complications is higher in individuals with implants exceeding 350cc.

That having been said, 600cc may achieve your goals but it is not likely to be natural. Try sizers on once again prior to surgery and walk around with them for an hour or two. Make sure you like the look and are comfortable with the weight. Expect that other procedures will be required at a later date.

600 cc implants and a "D" cup

+1

It is hard to predict specific cup size with only the volume of an implant.  The best way to size up your chest is based upon your base diameter and desired projection.  600 cc implants are very large.

Cup size is not every thing

+1

It sounds like a huge implant but other factors are important to consider including chest,breast diameters etc...Do not focus on the cup size but what would make you look good, even if this would be a C!

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.