600cc Breast Implants to Achieve D Cup Too Large?

I am going in for my breast implants in a week, and I'm having second thoughts about the size. I am 25 years old, I have one child, and I don't have any sagging or stretch marks on my breasts. I am currently an A cup and I would like to be a full natural D cup. My surgeon and I decided on 600cc cohesive gel implants. I'm wondering if they will end up looking too big. Is 600cc too big? If not, how big will my breast end up being?

600 cc? and you want to look natural?

+6

I've never once seen 600cc implants look natural...at least in my opinion of what natural is.

I've also never seen an A cup patient wth 600 cc implants whose tissue wasn't damaged from the weight and pressure over time.

If you want to be natural, forget about the cup size. Go to a surgeo who can measure you and determine on objective grounds the ideal sized implant to fill your breast envelope. My bet is that it isn't more than 350cc...

600 cc breast implants too large?

+3
In a word Yes. 600cc breast implants are too large. They can compromise the skin, can result in a higher  possibility of re-operation in the future, and higher risks of complications like bottoming out. Also, breast implants of that size will never look natural. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

600cc is a larger than average implant

+3

A 600 cc implant is larger than average. Some of the data in the breast implant brochure mandated by the FDA for reading prior to breast augmentation suggests that the risk of complications is higher in individuals with implants exceeding 350cc.

That having been said, 600cc may achieve your goals but it is not likely to be natural. Try sizers on once again prior to surgery and walk around with them for an hour or two. Make sure you like the look and are comfortable with the weight. Expect that other procedures will be required at a later date.

It depends on your proportions

+2

I certainly agree with the comments above. 600cc implants are generally considered large, but cup size is proportional to bra size. If you're a 40 bra band size, 600 cc may be right for you. If you're a 32, 600cc will be larger than a D.

In your surgeon's office, try on a set of sizers and see what 600cc looks like on your body. That's a good way to tell if you're overdoing it.

Finally, we've got a 3D scanner so you can see a close representation of what various sizes of implants would look like. Not many offices have the technology, but it really helps people visualize what results may be achieved.

David L. Kaufman, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1
Basing the success of breast augmentation on cup size is not advisable as cup size varies considerably from company to company. Implant selection should be a collaboration between the patient based on her needs/objectives and the surgeon based on his or her expertise and experience. Consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options and choose the one that best understands your needs/goals/objectives and can deliver a beautiful natural looking result. You may be able to achieve the resulting appearance at a smaller cup size.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Implants and Bodies are different

+1
Every individual has a different body shape and there are various size, shape and profile differences of implants to accommodate everyone up to 800cc per FDA regulations.  Having said that, size varies by one cup size per 150cc approximately.  600cc should reach your goals if a D cup is what you want.

600cc breast implants to achieve D cup too large?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

600 cc implants are large, but...

+1
The implant size that you choose is dependent on many things, particularly your size and shape, as well as the postoperative outcome that you are looking for.  That said, 600cc is a large implant and you would need to be quite tall and broad to have such an implant provide you with a natural look after surgery.  If you are uncertain about the recommendations of the surgeon, get a second opinion locally by another board certified plastic surgeon.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

600CC TOO LARGE?

+1
Breast implants come in several shapes, profiles, and sizes.  In order to determine the best possible implant size for you, I would measure your breast base width.  This measurement will tell you which range of sizes will best fit your body.  Using oversized implants puts you at a higher risk for a number of complications.  In regards to the final size of your breasts, there is no way to really guarantee a cup size.  Cup sizes are not standardized for bras so a DD in one brand or style could be different in another.  I recommend revisiting this issue with your board certified plastic surgeon before surgery.

Be well and good luck!
@norrisplastic

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS