Surgeon in US Who Uses More Than 800cc Silicone Implants?

Is there a surgeon in the United States that can and will use a silicone breast implants larger than 800cc?

Not that I know of

+2

The last surgeon in NY who did that--huge implants & multiple implants- lost his license to practice medicine . We try to help women , not harm them.

Implants larger than 800 cc

+1

The implant manufacturers in the U.S. do not make a silicone implant over 800 cc.  There are large trade-offs with implants this size, both in the short and especially in the long run.

Have a good long conversation with your board certified plastic surgeon, (actually I would suggest more than one), about the benefits and risks of going this large.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Large silicone breast implants

+1

There are two breast implant companies in the U.S.  both of which have the same maximum size silicone implant - 800cc.

There are larger sized saline implants available.  Careful consideration is advised prior to utilizing an implant of this size as the potential for tissue stretch secondary to the weight of the larger implant is greater.  A frank discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon to examine your aesthetic goals and review the potential risks is advised.

Of note - do not inject liquid silicone into the breasts as a means to achieving a higher volume as this is potentially dangerous with many significant long term complications.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Extremely big implants!

+1

I am not personally aware of breast implants that are available in the USA that are larger than 800 cc.  I would agree with my colleagues that there is probably good reason why there is not a lot of instances when this large of an implant would be indicated. 

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Greater than 800 cc implants

+1

800 cc implants are as large as they get in the US. The two main manufacturers of implants in the US do not make anything larger than 800 cc's.

Extra large silicone gel implants

+1

Ther is a reason you are having trouble finding someone who will place silicone gel breast implants (or any kind of breast implant, fo that matter) larger than 800 cc. and there is a reason that they are not made larger routinely. Is it not a good idea to place implants this large and one can run into many problems down the road from trying to do so. There are higher profile implants which are made that will provide additional projection beyond what may be natural, if that is your thing; but I do not utilize these in my routine practice.

Brian S. Glatt, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

You may be able to achieve the look you want without the risks of these large implants

+1

Hi there-

I would agree with my colleagues that it is usually not in your best interests to have extremely large implants placed, as they will introduce risks to your long term happiness and comfort with your breasts.

I can think of a few exceptions, depending on your body type, but in most cases we CAN achieve the LOOK of very large breasts by repositioning and shaping the mound on the body, so that the fulness provided by a more conventional implant achieves your goal.

It is very important that you find a very experienced breast surgeon- this will be much more important than the implants in achieving your goal.

Good luck!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

800cc is the largest stock implant

+1

I have had some patients over the years who have had implants placed by other surgeons, and desired to have implants larger than 800 cc.It is difficult to find custom made implants that are larger.I actually have a patient that I saw last week ,who has gone from 300 to 600 to 1000 over the last ten years.She came to me to see if I could enlarge them ,but I haven't had any luck finding larger implants.Most patients this large don't want breast lift incisions and scars,so they keep going larger .Unfortunately,the sagging catches up to them at some time

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Breast implants larger than 800cc

+1

Implants larger than 800 cc are not readily available. Implants of that size very rarely make sense. Even if it were technically possible to place an implant of that size in aesthetic augmentation patient, the long term complications to the breast skin and tissue would be significant. You might find a surgeon who would do the procedure, but you would really have to ask your self if the trade offs and long term risk is worth it?

John E. Gross, MD

As far as I know that size is not available in the US

+1

Hello

As far as I know, 800 cc is the largest size available in silicone implants in this country. There used to be a Becker implant that had a base of 200 cc of silicone gel and one could add up to 1000cc of saline, but I don't believe these implants are available anymore. Another option is to overfill a saline implant, but there are down sides to that. Make sure you speak to patients who have had similar sizes and discuss all your options ahead of time. Best of luck.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon