Can I Get my Belly Button Pierced After a Tummy Tuck?

I will be 6months post-op in February and was hoping to get my belly button pierced. Would that be ok?

Belly button piercing after a tummy tuck

+2

As long as your incision is well healed, you can get your belly button pierced six months after a tummy tuck.  If you are concerned at all regarding how your incision has healed, please consult with your plastic surgeon prior to the actual piercing.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Belly button piercing after tummy tuck.

+1

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on what looks like a nice tummy tuck result.6 months should be long enough for you to be sufficiently healed to have piercing of your belly button. However out of respect you should consult your plastic surgeon and not rely on Internet advice.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Tummy tuck and belly button piercing

+1

Hi,

It would seem that you are plenty far from your procedure to have this done.  You will note that there is a yo-yo effect on the abdominal skin that was redraped with it being more full as the day goes by.  However, in the morning is the time you want to get the most accurate point of entry for the pierce because of the tissue being less swollen and representing a better image of what your piercing site will be after a year or so.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Can I Get my Belly Button Pierced After a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Generally yes, although you should obviously clear this with your plastic surgeon.  At this stage (6 months) you are well-healed, and that certainly appears to be the case based on the photo you sent.  So - from that standpoint - go for it.  My only hesitation (and not that you asked...) is that if your BB stretches out a bit, or the piercing catches on something, or whatever...you may undo all the work you've done.  I have seen more than a few patients who look down at their newly renovated BB and decide never to do anything else to it...and a few who did and who regretted it.  But that's not for me to say - the bottom line is that you appear to have an outstanding result, you've healed well and you should feel free to go ahead and do what you want!

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Umbilical piercing after a tummy tuck

+1

At 6 months after a tummy tuck and you have healed without complications, then you are pretty much able to do anything.  A piercing should be fine.

Piercing following a tummy tuck

+1

You should be fine with a piercing.  Just make sure you are completely healed and visit someone you can trust who practices sterile techniques.  If any doubt, visit your doctor.  Some physicians will pierce repaired earlobes and may pierce your navel if requested.  Good luck!!

It would be absolutely fine to have your belly button pierced following your tummy tuck if the area has fully healed and scarrin

+1

Thank you for your enquiry, I think it would be absolutely fine to have your belly button pierced following your tummy tuck if the area has fully healed and scarring has settled.

Good luck with this if you do decide to proceed.

London Plastic Surgeon

Belly button piercing after tummy tuck

+1

Dear Danylle,

the scar around your belly button should sart to get softer after 6 months. you should be ok to have it pierced, but check with your surgeon though. If the scar is unusually thick, you may have to wait longer until it continues to settle down.

I have had patients getting tattoos too ( sunburst, etc.. ) post-op, but I usually advise them to wait a year after surgery or until the scars are softer.

good luck,

Florence Mussat MD

+1

At 6 months you are fully healed from the tummy tuck and it would be fine to have a piercing done if you want one.

Can I get a belly button piercing after a tummy tuck?

+1

The short answer is yes, you can.  You should tell your surgeon about your plans before the surgery.  The surgeon can leave a bit of tissue so that piercing wil be easier to do after surgery.  Often, the skin is so tight after surgery in this area that it is difficult for the technician to place a piercing.  Waiting at least 6 months after surgery is a good idea.  You should also check with your surgeon first before going ahead, especially if you had a muscle repair done.  Many surgeons use permanent sutures to tighten the muscles of the abdomen, and there is a small risk of infecting this area with a deep piercing.  Checking with your surgeon first makes a lot of sense.