Should I get Juvederm volumna in cheeks?

My eyes are deep set from a previous face lift. Cheek bones are high, area below cheeks have lost volume especially on left side.

Voluma in Cheeks years after facelift

+2
Hi there,

Thanks for your question.  This is very common in my practice as I see many patients who are several years removed from facelift surgery.  Eventually patients lose volume, especially in the midface and cheeks after several years, even after excellent facelift surgery.  These patients definitely benefit from added volume to appropriate areas and often this is around the cheeks.  Voluma is an excellent product that handles easily and is very predictable.  It lasts for at least 2 years and really helps to add youth and freshness to the face.

Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what is best for you

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm vs. Voluma ( the difference is the longevity of the result: 1 vs 2 years)

+2
Juvederm (Juvederm ultra, and ultra XC) and Voluma (Juvederm Voluma XC) are both hyaluronic acid based soft tissue fillers used for volume augmentation of the face. Their main difference is in the duration of the effect. While Juvederm ultra (and XC) last for about 1 year, (Juvederm) Voluma last for 2 years. Therefore, if patient chooses to undergo midface augmentation with volume, they may need to undergo treatment in 2 years from the day of application, compared with 1 year for “regular” juvederm

John Mesa, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Should I get Juvederm Voluma in cheeks?

+2
You might be a candidate for Voluma but you should seek an in person consultation with a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist injector to know for sure. Voluma is a new product so ensure that your injector has been using the product alot and has, specifically, performed alot of cheek injections prior to the release of Voluma. Creating a natural, beautiful cheek takes alot of experience and an eye for facial esthetics. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Voluma Treatment for Lost Facial Volume

+1
Hi Linda,

Voluma is an excellent facial filler when used properly.  Voluma can be used in the area below the cheeks to replace lost volume.  Make sure that you choose your injecting physician most carefully based on their experience, skill, and artistic vision to insure the most effective, efficient, safe, and natural appearing treatment.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Possible Juvederm Voluma for cheeks

+1
From your description, it sounds as if the main loss of volume that you have is just below your cheeks.  There are a variety of fillers as well as surgically placed implants that could be used to treat volume loss in the cheek area.  Voluma is one of the available fillers that could be used.  The different types of fillers work differently and last different lengths of time, so it is worth discussing your options with the physician who will be treating you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I get Juvederm Voluma in my cheeks

+1
Voluma is the only FDA approved filler for mid-face volume loss though there are a lot of fillers on the market that are continually used "off-label" in this same location. If you could post a photo it will help us all determine if you would be a good candidate for Voluma, but based solely on your question, yes, Voluma is good for central Voluma loss. It is put into 1-3 areas in this region to refill and resculpt this area. An expert physician injector can help you decide which options may be best for you.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD