How much Voluma, on average is used in each cheek for volume?

How much Voluma is used on average

+3
This question depends...in the study for Voluma, the average patient received a total of almost 7 syringes of Voluma. This is an insane amount but the injectors were receiving the filler for free as part of the trial and the patients weren't paying. For the average patient, I would say at this point I am putting 1 or 2 syringes in for mild volume loss in the central face. The more volume loss you have, the more you will need injected into the three places in the cheek region.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

The average amount of Voluma used - too much

+2
Voluma is a fantastic product and for the right person, when meticulously administered by a capable injector with expertise, patience and a light hand the result can be fantastic. It can literally take years off the face in minutes. However, I have seen over and over promotional and "educational" photos of people who look like they just had their cheeks filled full of something. I fear that this look will be the "new normal" much like over-inflated lips became the norm in some circles.

In my office we are very conservative with Voluma. You can always come back for more. Voluma can last for almost two years. That is a long time if you have a great result and a much longer time if you have a poor result. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Depends on patient

+1
This really depends on the extent of correction desired. It could be half a syringe or far more. Please see an experienced medical injector to determine the amount you would need.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

How much Voluma, on average is used in each cheek for volume

+1
Dear carol, thank you for your question. Injectable fillers can be used to enhance facial volume, correct lines and depressions, and rejuvenate the face without surgery. Some common fillers used in our San Diego practice include restylane, juvederm, perlane, voluma, radiesse, and sculptra. Consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon injector to review your options. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Voluma is Used for Cheek Volume?

+1
Voluma is an excellent and long lasting mid face filler.  In the FDA studies, they were using between 6-10 syringes of Voluma at the initial treatment and on average of 4 more at 1 month.  This is an extremely high amount of product.  This is not what I use at all.  I typically use 1 to 1.5 cc per cheek in the first session.  I like to see patients back at 1 month to see if they need more.  Voluma is very powerful at filling and lifting.  After attending the master's course for advance techinques for Voluma given by Dr. De Maio from Brazil, I have learned that the best place to start is lateral on the face, not in the area of the hollowness in the central face.  He explained that in the FDA study they started injecting medially (nearer the nose) and worked out laterally (toward the ear).  The best support is over the cheek bone.  This helps lift up the rest of the cheek tissue.  When you put the Voluma directly in the cheek not overlying the cheek bone it tends to make the cheek heavier and requires more product to get the same result.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

How much voluma to fill the cheeks

+1
Thanks for your question.

The amount of voluma required will vary patient to patient depending on how much volume is needed in the cheek area. In my experience, we are using about 1 syringe per side. I ask all my patients to follow up within 2 weeks to see if they feel like they want more.  The injection is very well tolerated as it has numbing medicine in the product and is quick to inject, taking 15 minutes or less so it is very easy to do just a little and add a bit more later if desired

Also, voluma should last up to 2 years. It is somewhat more expensive than other products, but it has a very unique application especially for the mid face along the cheek bones

I hope this is helpful

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Voluma injections: how much?

+1
Every patient is different.

During the initial studies carried out by the company to license the product, the injectors played around with a lot of product as they had a limitless product supply available to them at no cost. In practice, I usually give no more than two 1 cc syringes at a time.

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much Voluma per Cheek?

+1

The answer varies patient to patient depending on how much volume is needed in the cheek area.  In my experience, we are using about 1-2 syringes per side. The good news, it can last up to 2 years. The bad news, it is expensive, not only for the patient but also for the physician to purchase from the manufacturer.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

NUMBER OF SYRINGES REQUIRED FOR JUVEDERM VOLUMA TREATMENT

+1
Voluma has been released to a select few physicians who possess extensive experience with advanced techniques with dermal fillers.  The product is used for enhancement of the midface/cheek region.  It's effects last up to 2 years, which is a dramatic improvement over most conventional dermal filler products. 

The number of syringes required varies by need.  In my experience, the average number of syringes is 2-4.  I have had some patients who require subtle enhancements where 1 syringe has been used.

Make sure you select a physician with extensive experience and a proven track record.

Good luck!

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much Voluma per cheek

+1
The amount of Voluma needed per cheek depends on your age, if you lost weight, your genetics etc. Your dermatologist or plastic surgeon can determine the right amount. For a young person, I would consider starting with 1/2 syringe per cheek. and for an older person 1-2 syringes per cheek. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon