Will Taking an Antibiotic, Like Doxycycline for Acne Interfere with the Efficacy of Botox?

I take 100mg of doxycycline a day for acne. I have had some botox done one recently for cosmetic reasons and wonder if taking the antibiotic might reduce the efficacy of botox? I'm now 2 days post-injections and the normal paraylsis of the muscles has started to set in.

Do antibiotics effect Botox treatments?

The two do not affect each other although antibiotics combined with laser or photodynamic acne treatments may be a contraindication.

23211 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505

Botox at the use of Antibiotics?

The use of oral antibiotics should not interfere with the efficacy of Botox ( directly injected into the target muscle).

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942