Is It Safe To Get Botox/Fillers While Attempting Pregnancy With Donor Eggs?

I am planning to try to get pregnant using donor eggs soon and am wondering if it is safe to get botox and possibly fillers about a month in advance of that? I have had some botox before and was successful with it. I have not had any for 18 months now as I was trying to get pregnant myself. Is is safe to get treatment in advance of having donor egg treatment?

Do not have Botox if you're trying to conceive, pregnant or nursing

+1

It is not recommended to have an elective cosmetic procedure that is not FDA tested in pregnant women, during a trial at conceiving, or if you are pregnant or nursing.  Not that there is any evidence that the Botox can hurt the baby, but as it is not studied, no one can recommend it. 

Botox/Fillers while trying to get Pregnant.

+1

Whether you are trying to get pregnant with or without donor eggs, I would not recommend that you get Botox, Dysport or fillers while you are attempting to get pregnant. Given the financial and emotional investment involved in donor egg conception, I would reduce any possibility of issues by avoiding anything that may interfere with getting pregnant.

Ultimately, you should confirm timing of Botox/filler treatment with your OB/Gyn or fertility specialist to ensure that even if you are not actively preparing for the donor egg process, they are not concerned about these drugs being in your system.

Anifat Balogun, MD

Is It Safe To Get Botox/Fillers While Attempting Pregnancy?

+1

While there are no studies regarding the safety of Botox or fillers while attempting pregnancy with donor eggs, I would advise a patient not to use these products at that time. If there ever were problems with the pregnancy or delivery, both physician and family would be concerned that it was related to cosmetic treatments. Looking a little better will not increase the odds of conception.

Neuromodulators (Botox, Xeomin, Dysport) and pregnancy

+1

It is not recommended to be treated with any of the neuromodulators while trying to conceive or during pregnancy or breast feeding. Concerns for the well being of the fetus or the baby are a strong reason to delay the treatment.

Wish you best of luck !

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy and Botox

+1

While I do not think Botox used in the usual fashion would have any effect on getting pregnant, no one knows for sure. I would hold off on the neurotoxins.

Be Safe - Just Wait

+1

Injectable’s such as fillers and Botox/Dysport have not been tested on pregnant women.  I always advise patients to wait. This will ensure no complications from the injectable and product.
Good luck to you on your pregnancy!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

I understand why you might want to do that.

+1

However it is not recommended.  Is it potentially harmful.  The answer for that is if it is at all harmful, we think the risk is quite very small.  However, give how much effort is required to get pregnant, it is hard to justify even a small unknown risk.  For that reason, I would not recommend getting service until after the pregnancy.

Wait until after pregnancy before getting botox and fillers

+1

It is best to delay botox and fillers until you are no longer 1) trying to get pregnant or 2) pregnant. 

There are no human studies that have tested the safety of botox or fillers during pregnancy.  We doctors are very conservative when it comes to treating women that are pregnant or seeking to become pregnant.  The reason is that the safety of the pregnancy and the fetus are most important. 

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Botox/Fillers and Pregnancy

+1

Botox and fillers are not tested on pregnant women or fetuses, for the obvious reason that no doctor would ever want to cause any possible harm to a pregnant woman or growing fetus. While there aren't specific studies to tell you what will or won't happen, my best answer is this: if you want to get pregnant and have the best, healthiest baby, just wait. Don't do anything to alter your body other than what your doctor recommends you do for your health and the health of your donor eggs.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD