Did Angelina Jolie Get Help Making Her Lips Full?

I just watched SALT over the weekend. And, I'm so tempted to get injectable fillers after seeing Angelina's full lips. What are the side effects? How long do they last? Does the type of "filler" matter to make lips look natural?

Hyaluronic acid products are the most common fillers for the lips

+3

Hyaluronic acid fillers are used to plump up the lips. Examples of these are Juvederm and Restylane. Filling is an art and unartful ip augmentation can distort the mouth and look strange. so make sure that your surgeon does alot of these. Angelina Jolie's lips are definitely "in" but I don't know if they are augmented now. She did have full lips as a child so she might just be lucky.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers

+3

I can't specifically say what Angelina Jolie did or did't have done to her lips, but I can offer some advice on the do's and don'ts of achieving lip fullness.

The most commonly used filler in the lip is Hyaluronic Acid (HA fillers: Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane).  Because HA fillers are hydrophilic, they draw body water into the injected area, leading to a smooth, volumized appearance. 

However, there are few things less attractive than overdone or poorly done lips. There are several important points in achieving a good result with HA fillers:  1) avoid over-filling (one syringe is adequate for most patients), 2) maintain the balance between the lower lip (which is naturally fuller in most patients) and the upper lip, 3) avoid overfilling of the white roll or vermilion border, 4) remember that the lip should taper in fullness from central to lateral; overfilled lateral (outer) lips give a fish-mouthed appearance, 5) avoid "permanent fillers" or non-FDA approved fillers such as silicone in the lips: what you like today could be your nightmare tomorrow.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane or Juvederm are great fillers for that beautiful full-lip look.

+3

Injectable fillers such as juvederm or restylane help to make lips look fabulous for about $550/syringe under local anesthesia.  Once you find the size and look you like then switch over to the permanent lip implants for $1500-2000 per lip.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Making lips full

+1

To answer each question in order:

1. side effects are bleeding, infection, asymmetry, poor result.
2. Fillers last from a few months to years depending on which ones are used.
3. Filler options can effect the appearance but it is better to discuss these options in person.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Angelina Jolie Lips

+1

Fuller, sexier lips are within the reach of most women. As long as your doctor uses fillers which are long lasting but whose texture is close to the feel of the lip, there should not be a foreign sensation or stiffness in the lip.

Hyaluronic Acid fillers (Restylane and Juvederm) are commonly used in lip augmentation and if placed artistically, observing and enhancing normal anatomy, you should get nicer lips without the dreaded Duck Lips of The First Wives' Club.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers

+1

The nice thing about temporary fillers is that it is temporary.  You really do not want a permanent substance in your lip, as with time it will show and you will be able to feel it.

Restylane and perlane are substances that can be injected to obtain volume in the lip and last about 6 months or so.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation is performed all the time with fillers such as restylane, perlane and juvaderm.  They are not permanent but can last 6 most to about a year.