What Age Does a Girl's Nose Stop Growing?

I'm 13 and my nose is a little big. Is there an age it will stop growing and even out with the rest of my face?

When does the nose "stop growing"?

+1

This is a difficult question to answer as the facial shape and proportion can be somewhat dynamic and everyone matures at a different rate/ age. What I can tell you is that Facial Plastic Surgeons typically delay septorhinoplasty surgery until 15-16 years old because performing surgery on the nasal septum at a younger age can sometimes "stunt" the growth of the middle portion of the face. An important thing to note is that as a minor you would need your parents approval and consent before considering any sort of surgery. I hope this is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.