Small Sides Bumps 3 Months After Open Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had open rhino 3 months ago: removal of dorsal hump and tip work. From the profile my nose looks straight but from the 3/4 view you can see an optical effect like I still have a bump (like I said only visible 3/4 such as when i look myself at the mirror). He told me it's just swelling, but it feels hard as bone. I am afraid he didn't shave enough bone. Is it too early to judge or there is a possibility that things will change with time? Also I had alloderm put on the dorsum area. Thank you

Dorsal "bumps" after rhinoplasty

+1

The bumps you are concerned about correspond to the edges of the nasal bones.  The Alloderm graft was most likely utilized at the top of your dorsum (radix area) to make it higher.  The dorsal bumps are very slight, at least based on your photos, and there is a chance that they may improve some more with more time.  I would suggest not to be aggressive and give it more time before you decide if you need further surgery there.

Concerned about results from a rhinoplasty at 3 months postoperatively

+1

At three months, it is still early yet to be able to definitively assess the results from your rhinoplasty. You should give this around 9 months to a year before making a decision. If you haven't already, share your concerns with your surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

3 months after rhinopasty is too soon.

+1

Three months after rhinoplasty is too soon.  You need to wait 6-12pmths before doing anything. 

What's wrong with my nosejob? (photo)

+1

Agreed, your result could have been better, and your surgeon was conservative, but how to improve?  In my opinion, the entire nasal dorsum is slightly overprojected in the post-operative result, except for the tip.  Your result would be enhanced by lowering the top of the nose more (not just the "bump"), and projecting a cute feminine tip slightly beyond the dorsum with a graft, a columellar strut, medialization of lower lateral cartilages, or by another technique. Also, would raise the tip very slightly.   In general, I find that patients ask in consultation for their "bump" to be removed, but what they really want is much more:  a beautiful nose that creates a captivating face.  Your result will continue to change after 3months, but not the relationship between tip and dorsum.

Steve Laverson, MD

Small Bumps

+1

Yes, you need more off, but how much more?  Give your nose twelve months to heal before you fully judge the final result.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal Hump

+1

Hi,

Most likely this is still some nasal bone hump from the first surgery. if it bothers you too much you will have to get is shaved down a little more.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS