13 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty Swelling?

I am 13 weeks post op closed rhinoplasty for a hump on the bridge of nose. One side of my bridge (left side) appears to be taking longer to settle down than the other. Is it possible for swelling to feel softer to the touch at certain times of the day than others? Sometimes the area of concern feels reasonably firm then others it feels softer and slightly bouncy to touch. How long is "swelling" like this likely to persist, if it is swelling? Thanks!

Swelling At 13 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear H,

At 13 weeks, you should still have some swelling at different areas of your nose and yes it is possibly that certain areas heal and their swelling subsides at a faster pace than others.

That said, without before and after photos and physical examination it is hard to confirm that your situation is caused by swelling.

I recommend that you have a little more patience to reach the 12 months mark after your surgery so you can have your final results established.

It is always beneficial to keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress as he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

Thank you for your question and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Swelling

+1

Thirteen weeks after rhinoplasty and swelling persists.  The final result will occur after 52 weeks and maybe longer.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon