After I Had Moh's Surgery on my Scalp from Basal Cell Skin Cancer, Can You Transplant Hair in That Area?

You can have hair transplant surgery to cover scars.

You can have hair transplant surgery to cover scars.  Scalp MicroPigmenation and even a combination may also be beneficial.   Always check with the doctor for an exam to make sure these are options in your particular case.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant in Scars

Yes.  Adding hair over a scar is a great camouflaging method.  Depending on the quality of the scar it may be better to excise the scar first but that would be determined in an in depth consultation with your provider.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair after mohs surgery

Absolutely, hair can be transplanted into scars.  I highly reccomend the FUE method which allows for follicles to be harvested individually through pin holes instead of trading one scar for another with the strip method.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist