What Kind of Laser to Use on Cobblestoned Skin from Hair Transplant?

i had a hair transplant recently (about 4 months ago) that left me with little bumps that look like goose bumps. in addition the recipient area skin seems to be raised like there is a new layer of tissue that has formed under it.

is there any specific type of laser that can help with these things? im debating between active fx and fraxel restore but im open to other suggestions. thank u for ur time!

Laser Treatments Following a Hair Transplant

+1

It is too early to intervene at four months. What appears to be cobblestoning might resolve before the one-year mark. Revisit the matter if it persists beyond the one-year mark.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Post-Hair Transplant Skin Conditions

+1

Surface irregularities in the skin following hair transplant are a common occurrence and will often improve in time without treatment.  Since you are four months post-surgery, I would not recommend laser treatment at this time. With any type of skin resurfacing treatment, you run the risk of damaging the transplanted hair follicles.  If the condition hasn't resolved after a year, you should see the plastic surgeon who performed your transplant for treatment recommendations.  Good luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Hair Transplant Bumps

+1

It takes about 8 months for all new hair to mature after a hair transplant.

Treating the areas with lasers will only increase the chance of new hair being damaged potentially.

Once you reach the 8 month mark re-evaluate condition.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post hairtransplant bumps

+1

Since it is only 4 months since your transplant, I would suggest waiting another 6 months to see if this concern still exists.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon