After Fat Injections into my Breasts Can I Still Drink Caffeine and Exercise?

I recently had fat transfer from my body to my breast specifically ADRCs to increase one breast from and A cup to a C cup. i'm about 3 week post-op and trying to do my best to maintain the amount of fat in my breast. I know that caffeine will constrict blood vessels, but i wasn't sure if that will have a large negative impact on me. Also I am about 5'4" 150llb and would like to lose more weight but am not sure if dieting will negatively impact me at this point and if so how long i should wait?

Caffeine and Exercise After Fat Grafting to Breasts

+1

Hello. Caffeine has not been shown to negatively impact the results of fat grafting to the breasts. Exercise may aid the healing process due to the increased blood flow, but should not harm fat cells after three weeks recovery. If you lose a significant amount of weight, however, you can expect a decrease in the volume of the breasts.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Fat injections and breast augmentation

+1

Instructions post fat inejctions should be discussed with your doctor. At three weeks, I do not see why you can not have caffeine.  I have not seen any papers in the literature suggesting this is a problem. But again, always best to speak with your surgeon. 

Caffeine and weight loss after breast fat grafting

+1

Caffeine should be fine at this stage, but you should discuss this with your surgeon to make sure they are alright with it.  with weight loss, you may loose some breast volume.  the grafted fat will respond with weight gain or loss as the area from which it was harvested (i.e. abdomen or flanks).

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Caffeine after fat injections. Weight loss after fat injections

+1

I know of no studies on the matter of caffeine this far out from surgery. By three weeks, the fat that is going to survive should already be incorporated and vascularized, so I doubt that at this stage there would be any ill effects of an occasional cup of coffee or tea. 

Generalized weight loss will predictably result in loss of volume in the fat grafted areas. The fat will respond as if it were in its original location. For instance acute gain and lose weight most rapidly from the outer thigh and that that is used as a graft, the grafted site will lose volume relatively quickly as he was overall body weight.

Do review this all with your surgeon we will know most about the appropriate management in your individual situation. best wishes