Sharp Internal Pain at Site of Sutures from Breast Lift/augmentation?

I had a breast lift and augmentation 8 weeks ago..Today I have sharp internal pain at the site of the sutures, about a square inch under the breat half way between middle of breast and under arm. At times it hurts when I move, sometimes with pressure, but wearing a bra and allowing no movement helps. It feels as iif someone is digging and moving a pin in raw flesh. The sutures used were wire. I think I ripped them and now one is digging into the injury. Possible? What should I do?

Suture pain after breast surgery.

+1

It is common to have point tenderness if sutures were used to secure to the chest wall. It is unlikely that "wire" sutures were used. Communication and appropriate follow up with your plastic surgeon is advised as they know the most about the specifics of your surgery.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Sharp Pain after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort you are experiencing after breast augmentation/lifting surgery.  Based on your description, you may very well be experiencing suture related discomfort;  sometimes a  suture can cause irritation similar to what you are describing. Your best bet will be  to demonstrate the area involved to your plastic surgeon.

Breast paintwork months post op

+1

The pain you are experiencing is likely a normal part of the healing process.  I would be surprised if "wire sutures" were used.  Typically these types of pains resolve with time and conservative measures.  It is always best to see your surgeon to discuss your concerns and make sure no other intervention is indicated.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Pain After Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello. The pain that you are experiencing could be a normal response to surgery, but it is best to refer to your surgeon for a more accurate diagnosis.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Pain following Breast Surgery

+1

You are still in the healing phase.  Please follow-up with your Plastic Surgeon to address those issues. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD