How to Get Rid of a Very Large Breast Hematoma S/p Mva from the Seatbelt It is Approx 7cmx3cm?

Large breast hematoma after car accident may need intervention

+1

Hi there-

The concern with larger hematomas (anywhere) is that if not evacuated, the time period required for them to resolve on their own means that the soft tissues that they displace remain displaced when the hematoma finally resolves- leaving a large contour deformity that is very difficult to correct.

I would visit your surgeon/doctor for an evaluation asap.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Breast hematoma vs. large bruise from seatbelt injury during MVA.

+1

Thankfully you were wearing your seatbelt and are here to ask the question! A large bruise on your breast may or may not be associated with an actual collection of blood (hematoma). A bruise without a collection of blood is not a concern and will reabsorb like a black eye.

However, an actual collection of blood, whether it is in the pocket with your implant, or within your breast tissue or muscle, should probably be surgically drained. I would not recommend radiologist-directed needle aspiration, as clots may not be able to be completely removed via this technique, and thorough removal and cleansing of the pocket will help to decrease the (now-increased) risk of capsular contracture. Also, if the radiologist hits the implant and damages it (or deflates it if it is saline), then who must "fix it?"

Your plastic surgeon should be seen and asked to evaluate your breast. I have had at least two patients who suffered non-fatal MVA's and were concerned about potential damage to their implant(s). In all cases, the implants were more durable than the patient. I also had to surgically drain a patient's breast who underwent mammography without displacement (Ecklund) technique who thought her implant had been ruptured.  She had heard a "pop" as the mammographic plates squeezed her breast AND implant, and her chest and breast developed a huge bruise. At surgery I found only a collection of blood within her torn capsule. Her implant was fine. She did develop a capsular contracture requiring another re-operation, so this is one reason why urgent (but not emergency) surgical draining of a hematoma is a good idea.

Make an appointment to see your plastic surgeon ASAP. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma after MVA and Treatment Options?

+1

Unfortunately, there is not enough information in the question to provide you with precise advice. For example, if a true fluid (blood) accumulation is present (hematoma) then a drainage procedure may be necessary. On the other hand, if what you are experiencing is a significant area of ecchymosis (bruising) then time ( and no surgical intervention) will be necessary.

In person examination by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will provide you the best source of advice/guidance.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/

Breast Hematoma after MVA

+1

I am unable to determine from your question whether or not you have recently had breast surgery.  You will need an examination and possibly surgery to drain the hematoma.  Small hematomas may be observed as the body will take care of them.  Larger ones need to be drained. The bottom line is that you need to go in to see a Board Certified PS to determine the best course of action.  

A large breast hematoma may need to be drained.

+1

A breast hematoma if large enough may need to be drained by a surgeon.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Hematoma of breast?

+1

A large hematoma of the breast may need to be evacuated.  It is best to get an exam to see what if anything may need to be done. Good luck.

Treating Breast Hematomas

+1

Hematomas can vary in size and if small enough, the body will take care of them. However, if the hematomas are large then surgical approach could be necessary.

Without photographs and physical examination, it is hard to provide you with an accurate diagnosis.

Also, have you had breast surgery before your accident? That is an important factor that your physician needs to know.

I advise you to seek a consultation with board certified surgeon as if surgery is necessary, you will need to best aesthetic outcome possible.

Best of wishes.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

How to treat a large breast hematoma.

+1

I cannot tell if you have had recent surgery or not. A hematoma can occur in the breast from the seat belt after a car accident, even in women not having any previous surgery. Treatment will vary so you really need to be examined.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Breast hematoma after MVA

+1
Your question does not explain whether you are status post breast surgery, such as augmentation or reduction, or have sustained a hematoma without a surgical history based on the MVA alone. If you have been under the care of a plastic surgeon, then you should see your surgeon for evaluation and treatment. If not, then see a breast surgeon for consultation and diagnostic procedures.

Breast hematoma

+1

More information is really needed to answer this question. You may be able to have this drained by a radiologist under CT or ultrasound guidance. Good Luck

Richmond Plastic Surgeon