How Long Does the Letdown Feeling (As in Nursing) Last After Subglandular Breast Augmentation?

I'm 5 weeks into postop, my PS says it could take up to 6 months, hopefully thats just a generous estimate! Almost any movement involving my arms or leaning forward to stand up causes the pectoral muscles to tighten. I don't remember it being so irritating when I was nursing my kids, maybe because there was always a hungry baby to give me relief. I'm very sore in the mornings when I wake up, I have to hold them up, move them around and let them down slowly. My breasts are still soft no hardening

Muscle Tightness Feeling After Breast Augmentation

+2

Dear Gingerti,

Usually, the "letdown feeling" you are experiencing is normal given the fact that you are at 5 weeks post surgery. It is normal to have sore pectoral muscles. Your implants are to settle more into their pockets with time.

So, you have to be a little more patient and give mother nature the chance to take its course. I recommend that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress as he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast augmentation issues

+2

At 5 weeks, some discomfort is normal. It is best to go over things with your surgeon if you are having issues.

Post augmentation tightness

+2
You are still quite sensitive to the tightness of the implant pocket. This can be dependent on a variety of factors including the sie of the implants and extent of the dissection. It will take more time for the area surrounding the implants to soften.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast

+2
5 weeks post op it's very natural to feel pain still. It takes your body 6 to 8 months for it to feel as normal as possible. Your breast will soften up in months to come.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Recovery for breast augmentation

+2

Every patient is a little different. But, in general, most patients still feel a bit tight for the first month or two. I take photos of all of my patients at the 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month follow up visits. And there is a very consistent softening of the skin envelopes with descent of the implants into the base of the breast pocket. It generally takes 3 months to see about 90% of the transformation and another 3 months for the last 10%. I don't  think that you are experiencing anything completely out of the ordinary. Give it a few more months.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon