After 3 Days from Rhinoplasty, the Swelling Moved to my Lower Cheeks!

the swelling was around my eyes, second day on my upper cheeks and finally it's now on my lower cheeks along my jaw line. Should I apply ice to this part of the face? Please help!

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

No worries. This is common.  It may also turn black and blue and yellow. Ice will help as will arnica or auriderm gel. It will disappear.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling at 3 days

+1

it is quite normal for swelling to move down from the nose to the cheeks - ice may help but a low salt diet and keeping your head elevated also help

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Facial swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Nesreen. During the days following rhinoplasty, the swelling in the midface can descend to involve the lower face. In the absence of other symptoms, that does not sound abnormal. Always follow your surgeon's instructions regarding postoperative nasal care and inform him or her about any concerns. The edema typically continues to descend and dissipate over the next days. At 3 days after surgery, I have not found the application of cold compresses to speed up that process. I hope that helps. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.pearsonmd.com/rhinoplasty-surgery.htm

Movement of Swelling 3 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

The normal swelling around your eyes has moved down to your cheeks 3 days after your rhinoplasty secondary to gravity. This swelling will ultimately disperse and resolve. Ice may help, and certainly will do no harm.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling is quite common after a rhinoplasty.  The bruising will commonly go into the cheeks and sometimes in to the lower face. This should get better with time.

Cheek swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

This is probably normal.  Gravity will cause your swelling to keep moving south until it goes away or can't go any further.  I would continue to keep your head elevated and use ice.  Time is on your side.  If the swelling does not resolve in a few days then be sure to discuss it with your plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Reno Plastic Surgeon