6 Weeks Post Sculptra and It as Dissapated

I got sculptra injected 6 weeks ago and in my 5 week it started nicely filling out my face then a few days later it all dissapated. I thought sculptra lasted 2 years not 2 days.

Is my body rejecting the collagen it created? I hope i didnt waste my money. Im so dissapointed. I go for my second treatment next week. that will make a total of 3 vials.

Sculptra has dissipated

+3

Unfortunately, you need more sculptra.  This product by itself does not cause volume enhancement.  It causes you to produce your own collagen, which does the work of volume enhancement.  Please talk to your doctor about this issue, so that you are not continually disappointed.  You may require more than one session and multiple vials.  Sometimes cost becomes an issue and the patient is disappointed because they just needed more volume than initially thought to.  

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra Dissapation after first treatment

+2

Sculptra is a product that causes your body to produce it's own collagen.  It requires several treatment to achieve a long lasting result.  The first one or two treatments will often result in minimal improvement.  This is because the body is reacting to the product and slowly builds collagen.  Each subsequent session simply boosts the bodies reaction and stimulates additional collagen deposition.  Most people won't see significant improvement until at least their third session.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

Be patient

+2

Bigwil,  Be patient. I tell my patients that Sculptra is a not a procedure it is a process or project. It takes months to get to the final product. Although you might get a good amount of re-inflation of product at 6 weeks, you have not built your final product that will replace the sculptra. I believe that the six week mark is a good time to evaluate where and how much more I will need for the second session. Usually do a third. So, the process takes me an average of 18 weeks to complete(that is when I will say stop or continue). Even then, the process is not over for the patient. So, be a patient patient. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Sculptra Results take Time and Many Treatments

+2

Sculptra is not a filler but a stimulator of your own collagen which then acts to create volume in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner. Little to no results are usually seen after the first treatment. I usually recommend a minimum of three treatments, each one month apart. After your treatment series, the final results takes many months to appear but should last for years. Patients having one to two Sculptra treatment sessions rated their correction as good to excellent 48% of the time. After three treatment sessions this percentage rose to 50%. After four treatment sessions this percentage rose to 67%. After five treatment sessions this percentage rose to 75%. Hang in there.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

At six weeks Sculptra still has a long way to go if you got sufficient material

+2

A large face such as yours takes a lot of material which makes it an expensive therapy.

The most frequent problem I see with inadequate results is insufficient product.

My own practice is to begin in a face like yours with as much as six amps of material so it does not take fore-ever to see results.  Typically an additional session will be required unless the initial response is more than average.

I suspect you will need a lot more material.

Dr. Mayl

Fort lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

+2

Sorry for your mis understanding or your doctors failure to inform you on the requirements for Sculptra use. I inject 1 to 4 vials every 3 weeks for a minimum of 3 sessions. I have injected for over 6 sessions. So you either need to have this process explained to you better or you might educate your doc on how the rest of us do this . 

Sculptra takes time to build your collagen

+1

This is normal and expected.  Sculptra is a seed. There is volume initially from the liquid that is used to mix the Sculptra and that liquid is the vehicle in which the Sculptra is introduced throughout the tissues.  One couldn't just inject the Sculptra powder in the subcutaneous layer evenly.   The liquid is expected to dissolve.  Then the body slowly starts to respond to the Sculptra by building new collagen.  Sculptra is usually done three times, separated by six weeks or so.  I remember one of my patients who was an aerobics instructor and nothing seemed to work on her, fat injections and other fillers didn't hold.  After two Sculptra sessions there wasn't much change. When  she came if for the third treatment, there had been significant improvement from the first two treatments.  She had the third treatment and was very happy for more than two years with her result!

Ronald Shelton, MD

Multiple Treatments over time is Best

+1

3 vials is not much for a larger face. usually 4-6 vials over multiple sessions will provide a complete look with lasting results. Usually see results at 6 weeks- likely too fast to dissipate. There may be other factors contributing the look- state of hydration etc. I would recommend further treatments to build on what you have.

Andrea Willey, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Injection Results after 6 weeks

+1

Results from Sculptra Aesthetic injections occur slowly over time. Your face builds collagen after several weeks. The onset, degree, and duration of results do not directly correlate with the skills of the surgeon, but rather your ability to build and maintain collagen. Most patients see minimal change after the first treatment. Typically, 2-4 treatments are required for desired results over the course of several months.

Sculptra Aesthetic are quick office injections performed in the office via local anesthesia. Sculptra stimulates the face to build collagen. Results are NOT immediate, rather gradually develop over time. Treatments are repeated approximately every 2 months, as needed, until a desired result is achieved. Once achieved, touch-up treatments may be need only every 1-2 years. Sculptra can only be placed in certain areas of the face, such as the cheeks. As with all the plastic surgery procedures, everything has its advantages and disadvantages.

Speak with your Sculptra injector. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can he/she help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon