Fat and Puffy Sculptra - Results or Swelling?

i went to my derm to enhance the cheek below the bone 1 month ago, i stated clearly that i want a subtle change, i have very prominent cheek bones ( I am russian) and I do not want bigger cheeks, neither more volume on the cheek bone. She injected the sculptra in my temple ( i didnt ask for it as I have full temples) and just above my cheek bone next to the eye. I hate it looks fat, puffy and bulky beneath my eye. I have a strange feeling when smiling as something is disturbing there.

Sculptra takes 3-6 months to stimulate collagen production

+2

Sculptra takes 3-6 months to stimulate collagen production. Immediate results, good or bad, are generally short-lived. 

Chicago Dermatologist

Sculptra as a facial volume enhancer

+1

The effect will lessen gradually over a year or more.  Without the second and third treatments that are commonly done, your result should not be very long lasting. I like my patients to hold a mirror while we discuss what they wish to be improved and then we agree prior to my injecting the areas. Should you decide on having more treatment in the future, ensure that you and your doctor do review exactly the areas you wish to volumize.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Puffy Face after Sculptra

+1

As other dermatologist have stated, puffiness may not be due to Sculptra. Results from Sculptra Aesthetic injections occur slowly over time. Your face builds collagen after several weeks. The onset, degree, and duration of results do not directly correlate with the skills of the surgeon, but rather your ability to build and maintain collagen. Most patients see minimal change after the first treatment. Typically, 2-4 treatments are required for desired results over the course of several months.

Sculptra Aesthetic are quick office injections performed in the office via local anesthesia. Sculptra stimulates the face to build collagen. Results are NOT immediate, rather gradually develop over time. Treatments are repeated approximately every 2 months, as needed, until a desired result is achieved. Once achieved, touch-up treatments may be need only every 1-2 years. Sculptra can only be placed in certain areas of the face, such as the cheeks. As with all the plastic surgery procedures, everything has its advantages and disadvantages.

Speak with your Sculptra injector. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can he/she help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

One Sculptra Treatment will not Make You Fat and Puffy

+1

Sculptra is not a filler but a stimulator of your own collagen which then acts to create volume in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner. Sculptra causes a host-dependent immunologic response that results in a controlled foreign-body reaction which results in new collagen formation. This effect is not apparent for 2 months and then slowly degrades over time. It is therefore too soon to see this effect from Sculptra causing you to look fat and puffy. If the swelling persists I recommend going back to your injecting physician for further evaluation.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon