Lip Lines After Sculptra - What Treatment Will Remove Them?

4 weeks ago I had sculptra which has improved the volume in my face, although at the corners of my mouth I am beginning to get what I see as a sad looking mouth!

The Dr did say that sculptra might not work in this area. I have been told by a nurse that radeesse cannot be used where sculptra has not worked, because they do not mix. I am thinking of having another sculpra treatment but am wondering about what to do about the lines at the side of my lips. Please can you advise.

Lips After Sculptra

+1

Why don't you try some Restylane in the lip lines, which are probably just more noticeable now that you've had the Sculptra (it likely did not cause the problem). You could also try to soften them with some Fraxel laser treatment, or some Botox in the muscles that pull down the sides of the lips, to allow them to turn more upward again. 

Restylane or Juvederm can be used near the lips when Sculptra is used on the cheeks

+1

Sculptra and Radiesse are avoided in the lips.  Close to the lips, when lines are fine, Restylane and Juvederm can be used. They are designed for finer filling and are not prone to create lumps in the lips compared with what had been noted with RAdiesse and Sculptra injections in the lips which are not done any longer.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/restylane/index.html

Yes you can mix

+1

Yes, you can mix sculptra use and the use of fillers. I would not add anything else until I gave the sculptra some more time though. If you still have folds in corners of mouth you can use Radiesse, Restylane , Juvederm etc. Discuss it with your doctor as everyone is different and there are different ways to approach these folds. I would use Radiesse id I didn't want to put any in the lip itself and Restylane if I wanted to get into lip as well. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Sculptra can be combined with other fillers to rejuvenate the face

+1

Sculptra can be combined with other fillers to rejuvenate the face. Sculptra is a biostimulant and fillers are space occupying materials.

Chicago Dermatologist

What to do about sagging lip corners

+1

Scultra is not supposed to be injected into the substance of the lips themselves because that increases the risk of nodule formation.

However, hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm can be used in the area to buttress the lip corners.  In addition, small amounts of Botox injected into the insertion points of the muscle that pulls the lip corners down (depressor anguli oris) at the jawline can lift the lip corners 1-2 mm. 

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Lines after Sculptra

+1

If this was your first Sculptra treatment, four weeks is too soon to really see significant results. It typically takes a series of several treatments over many months to see improvement. I do not like to use Sculptra around the mouth as the muscle activity in this area can move the Sculptra and concentrate it in some areas to give a more pouty look. Either Radiesse or a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Juvederm should work well at the corners of your mouth and they are all "compatible" with Sculptra and can work where Sculptra has not.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/sculptra/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon