How Soon After a Bbl Can You Sit? What About if You Have a Tt How Do You Sleep?

I am planning on having a bbl, tummytuck , and arm lift all together and some doctors have told me that im going to be able to sleep on a recliner fine because i wont be able to sleep in my stomach ... And that its the first couple of hours after a bbl where the fat makes it .... But what i have been reading here says otherwise.... Other docs have told me i dont put preassure on the top where the fat is injected...

Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

This conundrum is something that is easily managed with multiple position changes through your night.  As an abdominoplasty patient, we usually want you in what’s called a “Williams position,” with your knees elevated and the head of your bed up, but that puts a little extra pressure on your sacral and buttock region. The answer to the patient who wants a simultaneous Brazilian butt lift and a tummy tuck (a procedure I perform quite commonly in my practice) is to have you lie on your side to side and within 5 to 7 days you are able to lie flat on your tummy once your abdominal wall is more comfortable.  I usually have my patients limit sitting to less than 2 hours in a row so I let patients ambulate throughout their house, drive in their car in a few days and ride in the car in the back seat with them lying on their side.  The arm lift procedure is probably not going to be a significant consideration but certainly in my practice would be a source of Vaser harvested autologous fat cells prior to resection of the arm lift specimen.  The likelihood is that this will give you the more substantial volume enhancement in your buttock region by first harvesting both the low abdomen and the arms as a great source of stem cells and fat cells prior to transfer.  I hope this helps.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Brazillian Butt Lift Post Op Protocol

+1

The protocol each surgeon uses is different based on their experience and technique. However, in general, 3 weeks is my time line. But even after that I ask patients to try to minimize pressure for 6 weeks to improve cell viability. From the moment the fat transfer is accomplished there is a race between fat death and new blood flow to transferred fat. It is every surgeons and patients goal to do whatever they can to maximize the take of fat. Part of every protocol is to seek ways to relieve pressure by constantly changing positions. Speak with your plastic surgeon about his/her specific protocol.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

BBL an tummy tuck

+1

I think your concerns are legitamate. The only position you can rest is actually in a lateral position and even that will be sore

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

What position to sleep after Brazilian Butt lift

+1

Every surgeon has a different protocol for the post-operative healing phase.  Generally, it is best not to apply any pressure to the areas of fat transfer on your buttock after your Brazilian Butt lift for several weeks.  Most patients find it easiest to sleep on their belly, obviously you won't be able to do this if a tummy tuck is performed at the same time.  You might have to sleep on your side, unless fat was also transferred to your hips.  Ask your surgeon how you are going to get comfortable.

Dennis Dass, MD

BBl and Tummy Tuck

+1

In combined procedures it is sometimes hard to do everything required for either procedure.  Autologous fat transfer survival is compromised when under pressure, so for several weeks avoid as much pressure as possible.  Obviously all pressure cannot be avoided.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How to sleep after having done tummytuck surgery along with Brazilian Butt Lift and arm lift - all together

+1

Fat transfer do not like early pressure on .
So minimize pressure on breasts when done until results are stable, in 3 weeks time. No exercise, no diet, and of course sleeping on the stomach will make compression on the abdomen and potentially compromise vascularization of tissue for the first 2 weeks after surgery.
So it is wise to sleep on the back.
Few sacrifices in order to help results to come through.

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Buttlift and Sitting/Sleeping

+1

The answer to this depends upon how the Brazilian buttlift is performed.  If fat is transferred to the superior portion of the buttock, then pressure to this portion of the buttock should be avoided for several weeks.  If fat is injected to the inferior portion of the buttock, then this area should be avoided.  If it is injected to both, both areas should be avoided.