Should I Have Liposuction on my Arms when I Have my Brazilian Butt Lift? (photo)

I want to have a BBL sometime this year and I am trying to decide if I should also get my arms liposuctioned along with my abdomen, flanks, and back. I have read some reviews that it is really painful/uncomfortable because you use ur arms so much to get in and out of bed. The main concern I'm having isn't the pain, but the fat that I won't get the desire results I desire on my arms and have to go through unnecessary pain that won't be all that noticeable or beneficial in my case.

BBL

+1

I will usually go ahead and suction the arms if I need to harvest more fat and have been unable to reach/harvest enough volume for maximum enhancement

Brazilian Butt lift and arm lipo

+1

It is not uncommon to perform upper arm lipo at the time of brazilian butt lift (along with lipo of the abdomen, flanks, back).  You will need a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for each surgery, and if it is appropriate to combine these procedures.

Dennis Dass, MD

Liposuction can be done everywhere during a BBL

+1

It is certainly possible to have liposuction of your arms during a BBL. You need to speak specifically with your surgeon about the results you can expect on your arms - will the skin be loose? Also, your surgeon will need to determine if your arm fat is "good " for use in your BBL.  Those of us with a lot of experience with BBLs are very selective about which fat to use. Chosing the poor quality fat can be the reason why many people claim that their results just didn't last.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Liposuction of Arms With Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hello and thank you for your pictures. It is possible for the liposuction of the arms and the Brazilian Butt Lift to be done in the same procedure. If this is done, the fat taken from the arms can be used alongside the fat taken from the back, abdominals, and flanks to produce positive results. Although possible, it is difficult to determine the best treatment plan for you solely based on your pictures. For the most concrete opinions, schedule a consultation with a couple of different board certified plastic surgeons to get different opinions. Many doctors will offer a free consultation, and they will immediately know what will suit your needs best. As far as pain, liposuction generates soreness wherever it is performed, but this should not be a limiting concern for you. Best of luck!

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Should you have liposuction of your arms with the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Liposuction of your arms is a very reasonable thing to do if you want your arms made smaller.   It appears that you have enough fat in your arms that could be removed to make a significant reduction in their size if that is what you are looking for.  This would be additional fat that could be grafted to your buttocks.   As far as pain, it is quite variable.  Most patients that I have performed arm liposuction on at the same time as other areas of liposuction or the BBL have hardly ever complained of pain in their arms.  They usually say they are sore of stiff, but by far not their biggest complaint of pain.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Liposuction of the Upper Arms at Same Time as Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Normally, this would be a good time to perform upper arm liposuction, but a physical exam and consultation would be necessary to determine this as well as your expectations after surgery.

Liposuction of the Arms

+1

Thank you for your photos.  Based on your photos I do not see enough excess fat to warrant liposuction.  The best way to get a solid answer would be a physical exam to determine the "pinch thickness" of fat of the arm.  If that thickness is 1.5-2 cm or greater and your skin elasticity is good then the procedure may be reasonable.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS