Does Scar Tissue Effect if Fat Can Be Transfered?

I had butt implants 10 yrs ago & had them REMOVED 2 days later, I accumulated a $150,000 hospital bill & almost died from infection. I had 4 surgeries to save my life. I had the bbl procedure done on the 17 Dec 2012, my stomach is FLAT, I do NOT have the VOLUME nor PROJECTION that I expected. My ps told me that due to my previous surgeries I had A LOT of scar tissues and it was extremely DIFFICULT to transfer the fat. he's suggested that I gain 15lbs & he would do around 2 at NO CHARGE. What do you think?

Scar tissue and Brazilian butt lift

+1

Hello. The more scar tissue you have the harder it becomes to harvest fat. This makes the procedure longer do to the need to release more tissue. You should contact a surgeon who has had prior experience with excessive scarring to ensure the best results possible. If you choose to gain weight before the procedure you should be sure that you are at a stable weight at the time of surgery because losing weight post op may cause lumps or other deformities.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Scar tissue will prevent full augmentation after BBL

+1

The scar tissue may prevent your buttock sfrom expanding when the new fat is placed. This may explain why you did not get the result you wanted. You may benefit from more aggressive internal disruption of the scar tissue.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Fat Injections Into Scarred Buttocks

+1

I think your surgeon is very generous but he/she was up against a difficult problem...severe scarring in the buttocks. This would make it hard to expand the buttocks. The initially placed fat may have loosened it up some however.  While some weight gain may allow some additional fat to be retrieved for another attempt, I suspect it would take a lot more fat in your buttocks to get the result that you want than what you could ever realistically gain.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Brazilian Buttlift and Previous Scars

+1

Scar tissue in the area was probably very significant in that area.  If fat cannot expand the scarred area as well as in normal tissue, then the volume will appear less.  I think that your surgeon is being very generous and very honest.  Good luck.