How Long Until I Can Work out After Hair Transplant Surgery?

I had hair transplant one month ago. Can I go to the gym and workout (gym exercises) now? Please tell me.

Working out after hair transplantation

+1
The quick answer is yes, you can work out one month after hair transplantation surgery. I recommend patients resuming workouts in three to four days after an FUE procedure. If you have had a strip technique, then resume workouts in six to seven days. I would avoid swimming or submerging your head under water in the first three weeks.

Chicago Dermatologist

Back to the Gym After Hair Transplant

+1
Hello there, and thanks for your question. You should have no problems resuming your regular workout routine after a month. I usually tell my San Diego-area hair restoration patients to take between 10 and 14 days off from the gym, although these guidelines may vary from patient to patient. A month is plenty of time to allow the grafts to heal properly.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Exercise following hair transplant

+1
If it has already been a month since your procedure, it is perfectly fine for you to resume your regular exercise routine and workouts at the gym.  Lighter exercise is fine 10-14 days following a procedure.  For more strenuous activity, it is best to wait at least 3 weeks.  Good luck. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Back to work after your hair transplantation

+1

Of course it depends on what your job is but generally ı advice my patients to be away from work for 10-15 days.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Exercise and Hair Transplant

+1

I advise my transplant patients to avoid any strenuous elevation of the heart rate and blood pressure for two weeks post procedure.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Exercise after Hair Transplant

+1

Our patients resume activity approximately 1-3 weeks post-transplant depending on the activity.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Working out after Hair Transplant Surgery

+1

Concerning working out after a hair transplant...I let my patients resume normal activity two weeks after surgery.

Jack Fisher, MD

Working out after hair transplant.

+1

This can be done 4 weeks later even with heavy exercise. Running can be done gradually after 3 weeks.

+1

In our practice, we instruct the patient to wait until we remove the sutures/staples (8 to 10 days) before going back to normal activity.

The more active you are during this period increases the chances of having a more pronounced scar in the donor site. Normal walking is permitted during this period.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after hair transplant

+1

I recommend patients wait one week (7 days) before resuming exercise.  That should allow an adequate amount of time for the grafts to heal in the recipient sites.

Lisa Ishii, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon