Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth?

I'm 23 about to turn 24, and I have a baby face which I can't stand. I do not look my age, and I probably look 5 or 6 years younger. I always get those baby face comments which I'm tired of. I really can't grow any facial hair, and if I do, after a week, I look all scruffy. Meaning, I can't grow a goatee, or even a beard which would really make me feel better about myself. Is there anything than can help me grow facial hair?

Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth

Facial hair pattern is a fixed & specific to races & families. I think hair transplant is the only best option in this regard.

Increasing facial hair growth.

Increasing facial hair growth is not possible except with time some men will get more bears by the time they reach 30. Be happy that shaving is not a problem for you.

Hormonal Evaluation or Beard Transplant

You might want to evaluate your hormones to see if there is anything going on.  In addition, as has been mentioned, a hair transplant procedure maybe your best option.

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for Increasing Facial Hair

This may or may not be a permanent condition.  I suggest you use minoxidil (Rogaine) 5% once a day for a few months and see how well it works. A facial hair transplant can always be an option as well. It is important that you consults with a plastic surgeon that specializes in these procedures.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial hair

Unfortunately this is a very difficult area to treat and is often genetic. As an option you may want to try a formula called 82M for several months but there is no guarantee this will work. Unfortunately sometimes the only option is a facial hair transplant procedure which is a significant undertaking and needs strong consideration before you consider this procedure.At the present time I am unaware of any low laser light therapy for the treatment of facial hair but I would not be surprised down the road if this becomes a viable option but at this time you have limited options. Sorry !

Thinned out facial hair

it may take some poeple longer than others to grow facial hair and that is their inherit genetic structure.  Now that you are a bit older if you still have thin facial hair, you can consider hair transplant as an option. Beard or facial transplant in the hands of a skilled doctor is very successful. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant vs Rogaine

Facial hair is determined by your genetic make up.
There is not much you can do to if you were born without the genes for facial hair.
Some have tried Rogaine but with little success.  
Other option would be a hair transplant from the back of your scalp to your face.
We have done this for eyebrows, goatee, and beard.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Neograft - Facial Hair

Neograft can be utilized to fill in areas of thin or patchy facial hair. Patients who undergo facial hair restoration need to use extra caution while cleansing and shaving for 2-3 weeks after the procedure. There is still a 98% success rate of those hairs growing after being transplanted.

David L. Robbins, MD, FACS
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Facial Hair

I have seen many patients throughout the years with minimal facial hair.  The first question I ask is if anyone in the family has this similar pattern.  Most of the time, we see this with other family members.  If you are the only one, I would recommend a hormonal evaluation to make sure that your testosterone levels and other hormones are stable.  You can have this checked with your primary care physician or an endocrinologist.  

If your hormone levels are in the normal range, I would suggest a one year trial of minoxidil 5% foam to the face.  Minoxidil may help stimulate some facial hair to grow, and/or increase the diameter of the existing hairs to give you a fuller appearance.

If that does not help, I would suggest looking into hair transplants to the beard. It is vital to go to a hair restoration physician who is experienced in facial hair transplants because the manner in which it is performed is crucial to obtain a natural result.  When I perform facial hair transplants, my experienced team carefully dissects the follicles under the microscope to the grafts are perfectly trimmed.  Next, the tiny micro-incisions are made so they grow out in the exact desired direction and angle exiting the skin.  If the angle is incorrect, the hairs will exit the skin straight out and will look unnatural.  If done properly, the results can be amazing and natural appearing.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Growing Facial Hair

In men, genetics is the dominant reason for facial hair patterns. Be sure to meet with a physician knowledgeable about hair growth and facial aesthetics to make sure there's no other obvious cause. 

To meet your objectives, a hair transplant is the best choice, by far.