Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth?

I'm 23 about to turn 24, and I have a baby face which I can't stand. I do not look my age, and I probably look 5 or 6 years younger. I always get those baby face comments which I'm tired of. I really can't grow any facial hair, and if I do, after a week, I look all scruffy. Meaning, I can't grow a goatee, or even a beard which would really make me feel better about myself. Is there anything than can help me grow facial hair?

Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth

Facial hair pattern is a fixed & specific to races & families. I think hair transplant is the only best option in this regard.

Hormonal Evaluation or Beard Transplant

You might want to evaluate your hormones to see if there is anything going on.  In addition, as has been mentioned, a hair transplant procedure maybe your best option.

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Increasing Facial Hair Growth

Very little can be done about your problem...facial hair is totally determined by genetics.  Even products such as rogaine can cause minimal facial hair growth.

Jack Fisher, MD

Increasing facial hair growth.

Increasing facial hair growth is not possible except with time some men will get more bears by the time they reach 30. Be happy that shaving is not a problem for you.

Options for Increasing Facial Hair

This may or may not be a permanent condition.  I suggest you use minoxidil (Rogaine) 5% once a day for a few months and see how well it works. A facial hair transplant can always be an option as well. It is important that you consults with a plastic surgeon that specializes in these procedures.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplants are possible for facial hair

Thank you for your question. In your case, your best option is probably a FUE NeoGraft hair transplant. However, you should consult an experienced doctor before making this decision and be sure to choose a reputable facility with an excellent safety record.

Cory Torgerson
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Hair Growth

There's no evidence to support use of medication in assisting with facial hair growth. However topical Minoxidil, protein shakes and vitamin supplements may be beneficial. If the hair loss is patchy or recent please seek medical advise - a dermatologist or hair restoration surgeon will be able to determine the underlying cause of the hair loss.

Hassan Nurein, MD
London Hair Restoration Surgeon

Facial hair

Unfortunately this is a very difficult area to treat and is often genetic. As an option you may want to try a formula called 82M for several months but there is no guarantee this will work. Unfortunately sometimes the only option is a facial hair transplant procedure which is a significant undertaking and needs strong consideration before you consider this procedure.At the present time I am unaware of any low laser light therapy for the treatment of facial hair but I would not be surprised down the road if this becomes a viable option but at this time you have limited options. Sorry !

Thinned out facial hair

it may take some poeple longer than others to grow facial hair and that is their inherit genetic structure.  Now that you are a bit older if you still have thin facial hair, you can consider hair transplant as an option. Beard or facial transplant in the hands of a skilled doctor is very successful. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant vs Rogaine

Facial hair is determined by your genetic make up.
There is not much you can do to if you were born without the genes for facial hair.
Some have tried Rogaine but with little success.  
Other option would be a hair transplant from the back of your scalp to your face.
We have done this for eyebrows, goatee, and beard.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon