Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth?

I'm 23 about to turn 24, and I have a baby face which I can't stand. I do not look my age, and I probably look 5 or 6 years younger. I always get those baby face comments which I'm tired of. I really can't grow any facial hair, and if I do, after a week, I look all scruffy. Meaning, I can't grow a goatee, or even a beard which would really make me feel better about myself. Is there anything than can help me grow facial hair?

Hormonal Evaluation or Beard Transplant

+3

You might want to evaluate your hormones to see if there is anything going on.  In addition, as has been mentioned, a hair transplant procedure maybe your best option.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth

+2

Facial hair pattern is a fixed & specific to races & families. I think hair transplant is the only best option in this regard.

M. Khawar Nazir, MBBS, MS(Derm)
Pakistan Dermatologist

Increasing Facial Hair Growth

+2

Very little can be done about your problem...facial hair is totally determined by genetics.  Even products such as rogaine can cause minimal facial hair growth.

Jack Fisher, MD

Options for Increasing Facial Hair

+2

This may or may not be a permanent condition.  I suggest you use minoxidil (Rogaine) 5% once a day for a few months and see how well it works. A facial hair transplant can always be an option as well. It is important that you consults with a plastic surgeon that specializes in these procedures.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Hair Growth Options

+1
After a thoughou health work up , topical medications and/or transplantation would be your options.  Consult with your hair transplant doctor to discuss further.  Good luck.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fill In Beard and Promote Facial Hair Growth

+1

Medications have not been proven effective for facial hair growth. My team has successfully used the neograft system to rebuild bald spot within the beard. this is a minimally invasive procedure wiht no large scar, staples or down time.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Hair Transplant

+1

For facial hair growth, there are no creams,potions, or medicines for the problem. However we do perform excellent facial hair transplantation procedures from the scalp to the face ( moustache and beard ). The results are excellent and last a lifetime. Feel free to check our website for before and after photos and more information.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Increasing facial hair growth.

+1

Increasing facial hair growth is not possible except with time some men will get more bears by the time they reach 30. Be happy that shaving is not a problem for you.

Looking too young, need more facial hair?

+1

Don't be so quick to look older. Early in my career, I was getting a lot of the same comments because of a 'baby face', but as I am now 56, many who are my age want to have my ageless secrets. However specific to your question, there are several products on the market that may enhance not only your beard and facial hair growth, but also for thinning hair of the scalp. The process involves enhancing the active growth phase of the hair follicles, to recruit the dormant follicles in to active growth. This may take some trial and error testing, but we've been somewhat successful with consistent and diligent use of an electromagnetic device that drives the substances deep into the dermis where the follicle germinates the hair shaft.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

There are many ways

+1
There are currently various methods enhancing and stimulating hair follicles, such as the Platelet rich plasma mesotherapy as well as a special laser. However, the PRP method is good at preventing hair loss. It will not fill any empty beard patches. So, after a hormonal and clinical exam you may be a good candidate for beard transplant. The most modern and minimally invasive method is the FUE. The doctor usually takes hair follicles from a good donor site at the back of your head and harvests them to the empty beard patches. All this is performed under local anaesthesia.

Anastasios Vekris, MD
Greece Plastic Surgeon